Jay Leno named Godfather of Carnival Venezia

BlerkOne

I remember when RCI had a fictional character break the ceremonial champagne bottle. No idea who was inside the suit, so if any ship is jinxed, it is that one. Now we are having Godfathers instead of Godmothers. Next thing you know they will be serving bananas on board. Might as well have cats and dogs living together.

1 hour ago, AFS1970 said:

I remember when RCI had a fictional character break the ceremonial champagne bottle. No idea who was inside the suit, so if any ship is jinxed, it is that one. Now we are having Godfathers instead of Godmothers. Next thing you know they will be serving bananas on board. Might as well have cats and dogs living together.

I had a banana split the other night.

Looks like venezia will be my second ship sailed with a godfather.  Ncl escape designated Pitbull.  

Did a google ships i think ive sailed.  Prolly shoulda checked my cc sig beforehand.... 

Horizon - queen latifah

Panorama - vanna white

Legend - dame judy dench

Elation - shari arison dorsman

Paradise - paula zahn

Spirit - elizabeth dole

Conquest - ambassador linda boggs

Valor - katie couric 

Magic - lindsey wilkerson

Breeze - tracy wilson mourning 

On 6/3/2023 at 5:56 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

Will probably be the only ship ive sailed where ill remember who the godperson is.  

I know ive read it on plaques before on sea days but for the life of me i dont recall a single one. 

The only one I remember is HAL Nieuw Statendam  - it's Oprah Winfrey. Saw her picture everyday when pushing the mid-ship elevator button...

So this will be the 2nd I remember.

Not that it in any way impacts my enjoyment of the cruise. Maybe that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:24 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

Looks like venezia will be my second ship sailed with a godfather.  Ncl escape designated Pitbull.  

Nine years before Pitbull, Norwegian's Pride of America was christened by Senator Daniel K.  Inouye, although he was not referred to as the ship's godfather, but as the ship's sponsor. Radio host Elvis Duran christened Norwegian Bliss. Margaritaville at Sea Paradise, originally the Costa Classica, was christened by former NFL player Shaquem Griffin when Bahamas Paradise became Margaritaville at Sea.