Constellation- Ravenna Over Night ... Latest Boarding Time?

OnlyMe

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 2:47 PM, posh crew said:

Hi, we have just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Constellation yesterday.  We overnighted in Ravenna and can confirm that once checked in we could come and go all night if we pleased,  just needed to be back half an hour before sail away.

posh crew:   Did X provide any shuttles or transportation into Venice on Day 2?  My August sailing is only showing Ravenna shore excursions.  Understand that it's 2+ hours each way and would make for a long day, but would love to get to Venice without relying on public transportation.

On 6/27/2023 at 8:51 PM, geminitwin said:

posh crew:   Did X provide any shuttles or transportation into Venice on Day 2?  My August sailing is only showing Ravenna shore excursions.  Understand that it's 2+ hours each way and would make for a long day, but would love to get to Venice without relying on public transportation.

Hi, as far as I am aware there were no shuttles or transportation to Venice.  We did a land stay before the cruise and travelled from Venice  on the day of the cruise.  This took us about three hours by car.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:34 AM, cruise one said:

I noticed that the port of Ravenna is more then 2h from Venice.  I’ll be on this cruise next year and I’m looking may be to fly to Bologne.  Do you think it’s a good idea ? From Google Maps it’s seems to be nearest to Ravenna.  I won’t go to Venice but Bologne and Madene have Nice place to visit.

If we cruised out of Ravenna again, I'd consider flying into Bologna.  For our cruise a few weeks ago, we flew into Rome because we didn't find a better option (for our situation) to fly into Bologna.  But we did research various options for flying into Bologna. 

I can't speak to the connection from Bologna airport but it's an easy connection from Bologna Centrale as there are hourly (nice/modern) commuter trains (no reserved seats) to Ravenna for 8e per person.  Bologna itself is nice too; worthy of at least a one or two night visit IMO.  

12 hours ago, Milhouse said:

I can't speak to the connection from Bologna airport but it's an easy connection from Bologna Centrale as there are hourly (nice/modern) commuter trains (no reserved seats) to Ravenna for 8e per person.

There is a direct train from Bologna airport to Bologna central station.  The commuter trains mentioned by Milhouse can be found on the Trenitalia website.

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

There is a direct train from Bologna airport to Bologna central station.  The commuter trains mentioned by Milhouse can be found on the Trenitalia website.

... and very easy to book and pay for tickets on the Trenitalia app...

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, cruise one said:

I noticed that the port of Ravenna is more then 2h from Venice.  I’ll be on this cruise next year and I’m looking may be to fly to Bologne.  Do you think it’s a good idea ? From Google Maps it’s seems to be nearest to Ravenna.  I won’t go to Venice but Bologne and Madene have Nice place to visit.

Yes it’s closer and a city I’d love to visit.  Near lots of foodie destinations too.