Elite Benefits on Summit

Midway7934

On 6/6/2023 at 9:28 PM, BEAV said:

They no longer do “expresso” as they wanted a more relaxed atmosphere. So they substituted with espresso.

Looks like you missed the joke on another topic where it was said that Celebrity puts the “X” in espresso. 

I am thankful for the perks - what I meant was all the cruises and years hoping to become elite I was surprised I did not enjoy the perks more. For example, once we have been to the invited wine tastings and cocktail hours to meet the officers and sail aways many times it is not something I get excited to do.  Maybe it is because I am older now and have the ability to have more of the many things I hoped for.

We do appreciate being Elite for sure.

• Like 1

Pizza in Oceanview was actually really good this cruise, crispy crust good flavor. Also Elite breakfast great for fresh exotic fruit, some croissant varieties, and adult beverages. We always did our omelets and bacon in buffet first, then headed to Tuscan for cappuccino, etc. they were serving berries, papaya, kiwi and mangos in Tuscan . A few days they were out of Papaya and went to luminae or Blu to source it, I had it every day!

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not disembarkation morning but otherwise yes, it’s every morning other than that

On disembarkation the same venue becomes the Elite departure lounge with croissants, pastries and tea/coffee (not latte type drinks). Comfortable but not close to the gangways.

1 hour ago, marne-c said:

@the penguins:  'Each', really?  As in two bags for my wife and I, both Elite on Celebrity?

--Marne

I have looked at my original post and don't see the confusion.

I clearly put 1 bag of  laundry (wash and fold) each. I. e. You get 1 and your wife gets 1, total 2 bags.

If/when you reach Elite+ you each get 2 bags total 4 bags.

Yes you can put his and hers in the same bag.

Also if you write on the order "please return items on hangers, thank you" the laundry will be as good as if it were pressed. Don't forget the "please and thank you" as they don't have to do it.

Elite+ also gives you:

more free internet time up from 90 minutes each to 240 minutes each.

Free lattes/capachinos etc. 

At which point, if you drink little or no alcohol, Cruise Only rates become a very attractive option.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, the penguins said:

At which point, if you drink little or no alcohol, Cruise Only rates become a very attractive option.

Most of the time I choose cruise only rate as now Elite plus the 240 minutes wifi are sufficient.  I also like the specialty teas so can try as many as I want on my next cruise.  Most of the time book a balcony and always get some nice upgrades either free or very little more.  Last year booked inside as balconies over my budget but when I got on the ship they upgraded me to a balcony mid ship on higher deck. Nice surprise!! 

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Most of the time I choose cruise only rate as now Elite plus the 240 minutes wifi are sufficient.  I also like the specialty teas so can try as many as I want on my next cruise.  Most of the time book a balcony and always get some nice upgrades either free or very little more.  Last year booked inside as balconies over my budget but when I got on the ship they upgraded me to a balcony mid ship on higher deck. Nice surprise!! 

How lovely to know the upgrade fairy is still on the ship!

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

How lovely to know the upgrade fairy is still on the ship!

For sure. Its actually happened to me a few times since cruises restarted. Could be partly due to the fact that the ships were sailing well below capacity post covid. 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

For sure. Its actually happened to me a few times since cruises restarted. Could be partly due to the fact that the ships were sailing well below capacity post covid. 

I was once upgraded to Concierge from an OV stateroom when I arrived at the pier because they wanted my OV in the area for covid quarantine.  

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, the penguins said:

I have looked at my original post and don't see the confusion.

I clearly put 1 bag of  laundry (wash and fold) each. I. e. You get 1 and your wife gets 1, total 2 bags.

If/when you reach Elite+ you each get 2 bags total 4 bags.

Yes you can put his and hers in the same bag.

Also if you write on the order "please return items on hangers, thank you" the laundry will be as good as if it were pressed. Don't forget the "please and thank you" as they don't have to do it.

Elite+ also gives you:

more free internet time up from 90 minutes each to 240 minutes each.

Free lattes/capachinos etc. 

On 6/26/2023 at 1:27 PM, drakes2 said:

The elite wifi 90 mins is that going to be on the premium pkg or does it not really  matter now with starlink? My cabin mate is elite so we will be those minutes, I was going to buy the wifi pkg right now since it's 40% off at $19.99/day. Maybe I won't buy it since we can use my friend's? I just need/want to check in with the hubby and kid just in case.

I also have not been on Celebrity in about 10 yrs. I understand using the app I can communicate/text my cabin mate without any wifi pkg? Is that correct?

3 hours ago, whataboutport said:

The elite wifi 90 mins is that going to be on the premium pkg or does it not really  matter now with starlink? My cabin mate is elite so we will be those minutes, I was going to buy the wifi pkg right now since it's 40% off at $19.99/day. Maybe I won't buy it since we can use my friend's? I just need/want to check in with the hubby and kid just in case.

I also have not been on Celebrity in about 10 yrs. I understand using the app I can communicate/text my cabin mate without any wifi pkg? Is that correct?

Elite minutes are premium. Verdict on Starlink is variable depending on location. You can share but not use 2 devices. As you are sharing with an Elite you might get the 90 minutes as well.  If you have lots of port days WiFi is free ( or buy a coffee prices) in all ports.

Never used the App on the ship - we are old school just arrange times/places to meet or leave notes in the cabin (stuck to the wall using a magnet). 

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Elite minutes are premium. Verdict on Starlink is variable depending on location. You can share but not use 2 devices. As you are sharing with an Elite you might get the 90 minutes as well.  If you have lots of port days WiFi is free ( or buy a coffee prices) in all ports.

Never used the App on the ship - we are old school just arrange times/places to meet or leave notes in the cabin (stuck to the wall using a magnet). 

I was recently on a 15 night TA on the Apex with my sister. We each had our own cabins. The app only started working mid way through the cruise. Seems the issue was fleetwide. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I was recently on a 15 night TA on the Apex with my sister. We each had our own cabins. The app only started working mid way through the cruise. Seems the issue was fleetwide. 

The app worked for us on Silhouette, but we didn’t get notifications (on iPhones), so it wasn’t really helpful.  I was told that notifications worked on Android.