AARP Rewards eGift Cards

bhawks9

9 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Just went on their app.  3.03% in general search box.

In gift card area, it states 6.9% but when you further click on card amounts of 50.00, 100.00, 150.00 or other, the next page is not found.

If you're buying 4500 in cards to pay off a cruise, it's inconsiderate to have to rattle off 45 card numbers @100 each to your TA to redeem them.

I agree that it's unwieldy, but if it's the only game in town, we need to adjust our expectations or not try to get the discounts.  I lucked out as I was able to finish getting the full amount due for my next cruise by finishing up with the cards from Newegg.  At this point, I'll only be looking for discount cards for any (if any) excursions I might want to book.  The $100 cards won't be an issue, and I usually don't go through the TA for excursions booking them directly with Princess online.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I agree that it's unwieldy, but if it's the only game in town, we need to adjust our expectations or not try to get the discounts.  I lucked out as I was able to finish getting the full amount due for my next cruise by finishing up with the cards from Newegg.  At this point, I'll only be looking for discount cards for any (if any) excursions I might want to book.  The $100 cards won't be an issue, and I usually don't go through the TA for excursions booking them directly with Princess online.

Just a quick question.  Are you able to pay for the booked excursions online with a gift card?  I have only been able to pay for the cruise fare with a gift card.  I have been able to add a gift card to my OBC at guest services on the ship.  Thanks!

Edited by TAW1963

2 minutes ago, TAW1963 said:

Just a quick question.  Are you able to pay for the booked excursion online with a gift card?  I have only been able to pay for the cruise fare with a gift card.  I have been able to add a gift card to my OBC at guest services on the ship.  Thanks!

This would be my first time using gift cards for excursions.  I don't sail on my next cruise for a while, so I won't be able to answer your question right away.  If I want to book ship's excursions, I always book them in advance as I have found in the past that the ones I really wanted are sold out by the time I get onboard.  I have only used a credit card before this.

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

This would be my first time using gift cards for excursions.  I don't sail on my next cruise for a while, so I won't be able to answer your question right away.  If I want to book ship's excursions, I always book them in advance as I have found in the past that the ones I really wanted are sold out by the time I get onboard.  I have only used a credit card before this.

Thanks!  I agree with booking early.  I too have paid with a credit card (or reserve with my OBC available).  Have a great weekend!

• Like 1

I jumped through the hoops to join the Credit Human credit union. Anyone can join, you don't need to work for a specific employer or anything. When you apply, you can join some sort of consumer advocacy group and the credit union pays your membership fee.

You have to open a savings account and a checking account (both are free, no fees) and then deposit $5 in savings and $25 in checking. Once the accounts are approved, deposit the money you want to use for the gift cards in the checking account and you can then purchase discounted gift cards. The discount is given as "10% cash back," so if you buy a $500 card they deposit $50 back into your checking account. 

This is a real hassle compared to the AARP cards, so you decide if it is worth it to save 10% on your cruise or not. I did it just to see how it works and it probably took about an hour to get it set up in total. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

If I could purchase from a savings account I might well join a credit union but I have zero interest in another checking account.  I keep checking newegg but, so far, no discount. I'll just keep doing that and maybe a discount will pop.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If I could purchase from a savings account I might well join a credit union but I have zero interest in another checking account.  I keep checking newegg but, so far, no discount. I'll just keep doing that and maybe a discount will pop.

I think you can use a savings account to purchase, but even if you can't, if there are no fees for the accounts with the credit union or required activities...just open one and use it to get these cash back offers.

https://help.prizeout.com/hc/en-us/articles/15124040378772-Banking-Credit-Union-FAQ

Edited by ngrund
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ngrund said:

I think you can use a savings account to purchase, but even if you can't, if there are no fees for the accounts with the credit union or required activities...just open one and use it to get these cash back offers.

https://help.prizeout.com/hc/en-us/articles/15124040378772-Banking-Credit-Union-FAQ

That’s primarily what we do.  We don’t use our checking account much, but there are no fees associated with it.    We just transfer funds from our high yield savings accounts. For some reason our credit union only allows us to use our checking account for Prizeout, but that is likely the choice of the credit union and not a restriction from Prizeout.   

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

$200 gift cards on sale today but I can't find a promo code!  Anyone able to find it?

Newegg?  Maybe it'll automatically apply it, like it did for me on the $500 cards.  I think I saw the discount applied right when I added them to the cart.

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

$200 gift cards on sale today but I can't find a promo code!  Anyone able to find it?

Found it! EMCDXA422 I had to log in before I could use it. YAY! Just in time - I leave for my cruise 10/17, need it for my 10/31 cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

Newegg?  Maybe it'll automatically apply it, like it did for me on the $500 cards.  I think I saw the discount applied right when I added them to the cart.

I did see another time where it did that but I saw the code on their main page and it automatically transferred it. 

4 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

Found it! EMCDXA422 I had to log in before I could use it. YAY! Just in time - I leave for my cruise 10/17, need it for my 10/31 cruise. 

https://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/latest/index-landing.html This is the link where I found it. It was from a 6 month old post on Reddit, but it worked as soon as I logged in - would NOT work when I was NOT loggged in

7 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I'm so very grateful for the heads up and the code. It worked with no problem. Thank you so much!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Thank you so very much. I purchased 5. Thank you. I have no idea how to get those codes so I really appreciate your sharing them.

Hey everybody: Do you think it might be better at this time to open a new thread just about Newegg sale announcements?  I was against closing this thread so we could have a place to find if others see the sale of discounted cards other than the AARP site.  I hope this thread doesn't get closed in case AARP starts having the Princess cards again, but a Newegg thread could be helpful... or do you think it's better to just stick to this thread? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Hey everybody: Do you think it might be better at this time to open a new thread just about Newegg sale announcements?  I was against closing this thread so we could have a place to find if others see the sale of discounted cards other than the AARP site.  I hope this thread doesn't get closed in case AARP starts having the Princess cards again, but a Newegg thread could be helpful... or do you think it's better to just stick to this thread? 🤷‍♂️

That sounds like a great idea. Won't be as hard to find sales and codes. Daniel, would you like to start that

8 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

That sounds like a great idea. Won't be as hard to find sales and codes. Daniel, would you like to start that

I also agree … this is a helpful thread in the rare event that AARP ever sells them again but a new thread for Newegg promo codes for discounted GCs would be great, too.  
I keep looking for those Amex statement credits but that seems to be a complete bust lately.

• Like 1

I’m torn. This thread has both info. If a new thread is started we would need to make sure we keep updating it when there are new sales. 

I found it interesting that my dh looked on Newegg very early this morning (probably about 5 am) and saw it was on sale but the code wasn’t available til the email I received at 11 am!  Luckily someone posted a code they found from August that worked..

I was able to get 5 $200 cards today on Newegg. However DW was not allowed. She has her own login and uses a different card but the site said she'd already bought her allotment. I wonder if they're looking at IP addresses...

Edited by beg3yrs

8 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I was able to get 5 $200 cards today on Newegg. However DW was not allowed. She has her own login and uses a different card but the site said she'd already bought her allotment. I wonder if they're looking at IP addresses...

Same here and I even tried a different device.  It said the same thing that the limit has been reached.  

8 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Same with us.  Maybe billing address being the same is a factor. When the $500 cards were on sale we had no problem. They allowed 10 cards but only 5 with the discount. Not sure why we each could get 5 discounted ones but I am not complaining!