Mardi Gras Included Restaurant Clarifications Needed

I haven't cruised since 2020 and i feel there have been changes on top of changes. We initially booked the Mardi Gras for January of 2022 but then rebooked it for January of 2024 instead. I have some questions/clarifications for the included restaurants for those who may have sailed on her recently.

I didn't see any information listed on the Carnival website regarding Piazza Panini, Sea Dogs, Shawarma, or Fresh Creations, and I only see occasional references to these if I do a Google search and I don't know how old the results I get are or if they are still relevant.. Are these restaurants/stations still around?

Is the Pig & Anchor Alehouse still included in the fare, or is it now a charge for dinner? The Carnival website doesn't say it's included on Carnival like they do for Cucina del Capitano/Chibang. 

Is it true that if you have a set dining time, you cannot eat at Chibang, Cucina del Capitano, or the Alehouse (if included) until after 7:30? I saw some reference to that on an article from a few years ago. 

Which of the restaurants that are included at lunch only open on sea days?

Thanks!

I sailed three weeks ago so lets see if I can answer. Dining Room, Cucina and Chibang were all available to book for YTD at 5:30. It was approximately 7:45 or later before set dining people could eat at those restaurants. Cucina is free whenever we wanted to go there. Chibang is free the first time you go and I think $8 pp after the first time. Guys Pig and Anchor has both free and paid for entrees on their dinner menu (Ribs and Prime Rib as well as brownie sundaes were $) The lunch BBQ is all free. Pizza and Deli and both still free. The Java Blue Coffee shop has Grab and Go salads and sandwiches for no charge. Seadogs and Swarma are part of the Lido Buffet.  There is a salad bar on the Lido buffet as well as on the Serenity deck which are free. There are also Timeless Fries, Dumplings and Kebobs outside on Lido deck which are free. Almost forgot...Guys Burgers and Shaq's Big Chicken is free also!

Edited by braveslake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 6/3/2023 at 8:51 PM, kingoftheicedragons said:

I haven't cruised since 2020 and i feel there have been changes on top of changes. We initially booked the Mardi Gras for January of 2022 but then rebooked it for January of 2024 instead. I have some questions/clarifications for the included restaurants for those who may have sailed on her recently.

I didn't see any information listed on the Carnival website regarding Piazza Panini, Sea Dogs, Shawarma, or Fresh Creations, and I only see occasional references to these if I do a Google search and I don't know how old the results I get are or if they are still relevant.. Are these restaurants/stations still around?

Is the Pig & Anchor Alehouse still included in the fare, or is it now a charge for dinner? The Carnival website doesn't say it's included on Carnival like they do for Cucina del Capitano/Chibang. 

Is it true that if you have a set dining time, you cannot eat at Chibang, Cucina del Capitano, or the Alehouse (if included) until after 7:30? I saw some reference to that on an article from a few years ago. 

Which of the restaurants that are included at lunch only open on sea days?

Thanks!

I was just on it in January and everything you listed was included. I have heard rumors that now, chibang and cucina are free for the first visit and a charge for any repeat visits. But again, I haven’t been able to confirm that for sure. 

I'm remembering JH announcing the modest charge to certain eateries on a 2nd visit as a means to increase availability for all pax to be able to try it at least once on a cruise and somewhat discouraging the 'hog all the reservations every night' syndrome.

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

I was just on it in January and everything you listed was included. I have heard rumors that now, chibang and cucina are free for the first visit and a charge for any repeat visits. But again, I haven’t been able to confirm that for sure. 

The rumors you heard are true.  Sailed her 2 weeks ago.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, braveslake said:

I sailed three weeks ago so lets see if I can answer. Dining Room, Cucina and Chibang were all available to book for YTD at 5:30. It was approximately 7:45 or later before set dining people could eat at those restaurants. Cucina is free whenever we wanted to go there. Chibang is free the first time you go and I think $8 pp after the first time. Guys Pig and Anchor has both free and paid for entrees on their dinner menu (Ribs and Prime Rib as well as brownie sundaes were $) The lunch BBQ is all free. Pizza and Deli and both still free. The Java Blue Coffee shop has Grab and Go salads and sandwiches for no charge. Seadogs and Swarma are part of the Lido Buffet.  There is a salad bar on the Lido buffet as well as on the Serenity deck which are free. There are also Timeless Fries, Dumplings and Kebobs outside on Lido deck which are free. Almost forgot...Guys Burgers and Shaq's Big Chicken is free also!

Street Eatz is free and yummy!  Not sure if Timeless Fries, Dumplings and Kebobs is part of that.  The Street Eatz menu changes daily. Also Gelato, by the Shwarma on Lido is free!

Street Eats is the collective name for Time Fries (not Timeless Fries); Mad Sizzle, which serves items like kebab and satay; and Steam Dream, which serves items like pot stickers, dumplings, bao buns, and wontons.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2023 at 3:08 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Chibang and Cucina are free for lunch on sea days only, not embarkation day.  Chibang also has the up charge if you decide to go a second time during your cruise for dinner (this is on the MG only), not on the Celebration..

Is Chibang free for lunch as many times as you go and only an upcharge for dinner after first visit or does the $8 charge apply to a second lunch as well? I will be on Jubilee next year, so I am assuming the included food will be the same as Mardi Gras and Celebration.

On 6/11/2023 at 12:34 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Street Eatz is free and yummy!  Not sure if Timeless Fries, Dumplings and Kebobs is part of that.  The Street Eatz menu changes daily. Also Gelato, by the Shwarma on Lido is free!

I loved the gelato place, what a lovely surprise that was. Different cake and gelato daily, yes please lol

• Like 1