Differences Between MDRs on Edge

sonoma03

I am booked on Celebrity Edge for a Feb. 2024 cruise and wanted to make reservations for the MDRs.  I read somewhere that each of the MDRs has some items on its menu that are specific to that restaurant.  Does anyone have any details on what the differences are for the MDRs on the Edge?  I like having the same wait staff every night, but if there are specialty items at different restaurants, I may want to move around and try each of the restaurants.

Thanks for any information!

The specialty items from each menu are available in any of the 4 MDRs; you can be dining in Tuscan and order a specialty item from Normandie.

The decor and feel if the 4 are different but not the food.

• Like 2

Download the Celebrity App. You need to bring up one of the cruises on any of the E Class ships. There you go into the Main Restaurants and choose the menus from each of the 4 restaurants. You’ll see the menus that list the items for each. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The specialty items from each menu are available in any of the 4 MDRs; you can be dining in Tuscan and order a specialty item from Normandie.

The decor and feel if the 4 are different but not the food.

That's interesting.  Does every restaurant offer the menus from the other MDRs for you to look at, or do you need to look in the app or someplace else to find what's being offered that night in the other MDRs?

31 minutes ago, sonoma03 said:

Does every restaurant offer the menus from the other MDRs for you to look at, or do you need to look in the app or someplace else to find what's being offered that night in the other MDRs?

The per-restaurant specials are the same every night.

46 minutes ago, highfields said:

The breads and their accompanying spreads are different in each restaurant.

Our experience is the spreads and breads change nightly, but are the same in all four MDR on E class.

Suggestion :

Don't spend too much time studying, figuring, discussing which restaurant to choose every night like we did-- I spent " hours " on it and in the end it didn't make a difference.

As noted above, you can order from any of the MDR's.

While we tried all 4 restaurants, we did tend to favor the Normandie due to the superb service from the Servers and the Maitre'd .

If you like Beef Tenderloin, the Normandie Restaurant has it as a staple every night--- it's excellent !!

• Thanks 1

We really enjoyed the different MDRs on Edge, rotating which one we went to each night. We liked the different decor and it didn’t feel monotonous like the traditional MDR can sometime feel. 

Edited by Mauidiver