Ocean Cay Cabanas Sold-Out!

Knicks1130

I just booked the Meraviglia for August.... I checked excursions and Non-YC Cabanas are sold out!!!!  Do they open more up?  Will there be ones available day of?  (do they only allow some of them to re reserved ahead of time)  Anyone who faced sold out in advance able to land one?  TIA

Edited by Knicks1130

• Knicks1130 changed the title to Ocean Cay Cabanas Sold-Out!
12 hours ago, hunter68 said:

Is there really a difference between the regular cabana and YC cabana except price?

Only Yacht Club passengers can reserve YC Cabanas. These are located at YC beach and Ocean House.

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Only Yacht Club passengers can reserve YC Cabanas. These are located at YC beach and Ocean House.

There was a post on here from someone who was not YC but the website let them book a YC cabana.  It was cancelled before their cruise.  I'm assuming because they were not YC.  Just an FYI that just because the website will let you book it doesn't mean you'll get it. 

1 minute ago, 1kaper said:

There was a post on here from someone who was not YC but the website let them book a YC cabana.  It was cancelled before their cruise.  I'm assuming because they were not YC.  Just an FYI that just because the website will let you book it doesn't mean you'll get it. 

I remember that post, not sure why a non YC guest would think he/she could book a YC cabana.  But I digress.  

13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I remember that post, not sure why a non YC guest would think he/she could book a YC cabana.  But I digress.  

I went in May with my sister, niece, mother and two friends.  My sister had planned to book a cabana but waited until it was too late.  I looked and saw the YC ones were available.  I almost went for it before I realized they were YC.  I also considered booking just to see if it would work but I wouldn't have been mad if it was cancelled either.  

5 hours ago, hunter68 said:

I am in the YC but don't see the benefit of booking the YC cabana. I may go for the regular cabana  

I've had an OC Yacht Club cabana 3 out of 4 times. The one time that I didn't get one was because they sold out weeks before sail date (lesson learned). We're a family of 4 so my situation is a bit different. The extra space is great for lounging, sleeping, eating, etc. The butler service has been great with food and drink delivery. Even the surprises like the fruit skewers and prosecco in the cooler are a nice touch. Yeah, it is a bit of a money grab by MSC and those cabanas have probably paid for themselves 100x over but I'll continue to book one. I know which number to request and we always get the same one.

7 hours ago, 1kaper said:

I also considered booking just to see if it would work but I wouldn't have been mad if it was cancelled either.

Perhaps. But does one have to pay in full in advance, then find out later they booked the wrong experience (YC) and then have to wait months for a refund?

41 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Perhaps. But does one have to pay in full in advance, then find out later they booked the wrong experience (YC) and then have to wait months for a refund?

Part of why I decided against it. 

Edited by 1kaper