Princess Medallion Holder

keyboardjunkie

HI!  We are relatively new to Princess Cruises (only 2 sailings so far on Princess).  The last time we were on board we bought two of the medallion holders - the type you clip on to something and a lanyard.  I am currently looking for a locket style necklace or bracelet style that will hold the medallion.  I have looked on ET__ and can't tell if the ones I see will fit the medallion.

Does anyone have any experience with this and/or any recommendations?  Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, keyboardjunkie said:

HI!  We are relatively new to Princess Cruises (only 2 sailings so far on Princess).  The last time we were on board we bought two of the medallion holders - the type you clip on to something and a lanyard.  I am currently looking for a locket style necklace or bracelet style that will hold the medallion.  I have looked on ET__ and can't tell if the ones I see will fit the medallion.

Does anyone have any experience with this and/or any recommendations?  Thanks in advance!

The bracelet style (rubber) sporty OB the ship they sell (cheap) is good.  We also have fitbit bracelets which work, but the PCL bracelets were better.

I also have the bangle style bracelet, metal, they sell (expensive) and wear it occasionally. They run small, so buy it on the ship.

I had the necklace or pendant style gold metal (expensive) but returned it.  It is not practical, you have to take it off every time you go on/off the ship, or pop it out. It’s too short to scan for the readers OB. Okay for formal night.  You can see the accessories they sell on the App…Medallion wearables, etc.  Same ones OB.

If you’re an Amazon user, you can search on “Princess medallion holder” and there are tons of options.

on a family cruise last year I ordered the Princess bangle bracelet ($$) for my mom, and the silicon straps ($) for my wife and daughter.  Everyone wore theirs for a day and decided they just would use the inexpensive clips I ordered on Amazon.  😳

Since I always wear a watch, I just use one of the silicon holders that attach to a watch strap.

1 hour ago, WAvoyager said:

If you’re an Amazon user, you can search on “Princess medallion holder” and there are tons of options.

Since I always wear a watch, I just use one of the silicon holders that attach to a watch strap.

I can whole heartedly vouch for those silicon holders that attach to the watch strap.  They are actually pet collar holders for air tags.  

I set my (older) sister up with one.  She wore her watch every day.  One less thing to deal with (especially getting on and off the ship).  Previously, she would have it on a lanyard...tucked inside her backpack....blah blah blah.

Cruised with another "older" friend who did not want it on her watch.  Before we left the cabin:  Do you have your medallion, your glasses, your hearing aids, your ID/wallet, and the list went on and on.

• Haha 3

I purchased one of the metal bangle bracelets on board last year and have worn it on all the cruises since. I love it. It does fit very small though. I have unusually small wrists and the small fit, but not comfortably. The larger size is good. 
I do keep the lanyard they supply for ports though, as it’s a magnet that holds the medallion in the bracelet, and I worry it could pop out off ship.

4 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

I have purchased quite a few air tag holders for our medallions & this is my experience...the silicone/plastic ones work great (I prefer the one that clips to my phone case which I always carry, also have ones that go on lanyards or whatever) they are easier to get the medallion out of than the Princess ones & seem to hold them better...I have also bought several metal decorative (rhinestones & stuff for formal outfits for my sissy) ones & sometimes these interfere with the signal so the Medallion has to come into direct contact with the reader rather than registering as you walk up, she got one of the expensive metal bracelets one cruise when we couldn't figure out what to spend extra OBC on but has only ever worn it once

1 hour ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Thank you everyone for the info and ideas.  I did order the slide on ones that fit on a watch band.  Now I am in search of a 'fancier' (non-silicone) bracelet style.  I will check for air tag items on Amazon.

I also have 2 rhinestone ones.  Although they are pretty, they don't work remotely.  You almost have to be on top of the reader to get any information transferred.

I just bought 3 different wristbands (marketed for airtags and kids)  off Amazon and they arrived today.  They all fit me and my 22 year old, 6'2" son too. My sister bought a few other versions to try.  So far, we like the silicone ones the best (black/navy 2 pack $11.99, also comes in several other colors).  They are soft and smooth and we each had a few holes left so they can fit even a bigger wrist than ours.  It also looks like a life preserver which is cool being that we will be on a cruise.  It is only open on the front and the back is closed. The clear one is more of a flexible hard plastic (2 pack $9.99 and there are a few other transparent colors).  I have it on the 4th hole but it is leaving a band mark on my wrist already and the 3rd hole is too loose.  My son touched it and said he didn't like it because it was too rigid.  What is cool about this one though is you load the medallion from the back and it has a clear cover on the top.  It will be less likely to pop out. Plus clear goes with all outfits and is less conspicuous. The third one (black/purple, 2 pack $9.99) ) is a stretchy elastic, the easiest to take on and off, however is open on both the front and back.  I have it set to the largest opening and it is loose.  The elastic one would fit any sized wrist.  The fourth one (Gray band $15.99 each) is metallic mesh that is magnetic.  I'll post an update when my sister gets them.  The medallion fit in all the ones that I just tried.  I borrowed my neighbors medallion to test them.    Air Tag Bracelet for Kids(2 Pack), Soft Silicone Air Tag Wristband Kids, Lightweight GPS Tracker Holder Compatible with Apple AirTag Watch Band for Child (Black & Navy Blue)iSurecoube Air Tag Bracelet for Kids(2 Pack), Soft TPU Air Tag Wristband Kids, Lightweight GPS Tracker Holder Compatible with Apple AirTag Watch Band for Child (Crystal)AirTag Bracelet for Kids, AirTag Holder with Elastic Wristband, Anti-Lost Watch Band for Apple Air Tag, Adjustable Strap for Toddler 2 Pack(Black Purple)Airtag wristband kids- Airtag bracelet for adults Kids -Airtag Holder with Adjustable Metal Milanese Watchband, Apple airtag watch bracelet for kids Toddler Child Elder Compatible Apple AirTag

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6358.JPG

IMG_6359.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My wife uses the princess bracelet for her medallion and I got some of the leather airtag keychain holders for mine. I attach a carbineer clip to the ring and then either keep it in my pocket or on a belt loop of my pants. I can also clip it to the strap of a tote bag when at the pool. With the carbineer its easy to detach when I need to scan it for drinks, getting on/off the ship, etc.. 

• Like 1

I bought the bangle bracelet while onboard.   I love that.  I just wish they didn't run so small.  I have a large wrist and bought the large.   It fits but doesn't move around any.  Maybe thats a good thing.  Anyway a large is the biggest size they offer.  Wish there was a XL.    I would definetely wait to buy it onboard so you can try it on before purchase.