The distance between the electric outlet and the balcony

TroubleT

16 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

You might like to look at photos of various cabins on Halfacts.com. It might give you an idea if no one has a specific answer.

Thank you so much! But unfortunately, the outlets are not visible on the pictures.

Depending on the cabin there is usually a side table next to the couch and stashed in there is the fridge. (See photos as described above) On my last cruise in the sister ship, the Zaandam, that was directly next to the balcony wall.  I would expect you would need at least a 6 foot cord to comfortably maneuver.  The direct distance is not that far but you will need to maneuver.  I don’t know if this would be safe or legal as the outdoors are exposed to weather and moisture. 

• Like 2

While this pic isn't Volendam, it does show the desk outlets (somewhat relative) to the balcony which is just left of desk.  Also, there's an outlet and light switch behind the tissue box.

20230220_142613.jpg

• Like 1

The A cabins are the same as the AA, so check them too. The desk is near the balcony door. As Mary said, 6' minimum, 8 or 10 to reach the chairs or rail. 

What are you asking for? you know you should not spend any time with the balcony door open, right? because it upsets ALL the AC (or heating) in your sector...

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

What are you asking for? you know you should not spend any time with the balcony door open, right? because it upsets ALL the AC (or heating) in your sector...

Correct. And that sector includes cabins above and below you. That would include outside and inside cabins that don't have the luxury of getting fresh air without the HVAC system being fully functional. 

• Like 4

You are not supposed to leave your balcony door open as it ruins the ventilation systems in any other cabins on your circuit, and the door is water tight so I suspect  trying to run an electric cord under the door or leaving it ajar would be a forbidden activity. Hope our resident Chief Engineer can offer his insights.

• Like 1