Stay Compliance US Customs and Border.

Marmadukes

This morning I received an email from the US indicating that I only had 10 days left on my stay there. My first thoughts were that this was a phishing attempt to obtain my personal details but after checking around it appeared genuine. We were on the Ventura's trip to New Orleans in March this year (N306) and entered the USA on 21st March which tallys exactly with the dates in the email. I have checked on the official US site and it is showing that (according to them) we are still in the USA. I have written to them querying the situation and asking what we need to do to resolve it (if anything).

Has anyone else received such an e-mail and if so how was it resolved?

This is an old problem with P&O - I had it six years ago.

P&O claim that Homeland Security haven't processed the data when the ship leaves and Homeland Security claim that P&O haven't provided the exit data.

I resorted to going direct to Paul Ludlow's office as there were, at the time, some potential issues with further visits. From memory nothing happened apart from a couple of emails from Homeland Security but it wasn't a problem going back into the US several months later.

• Like 1

As above.

Its due to you not going through any passport check on leaving the US.  You will note in airports all passports are scanned on entry and exit.

This is not your fault, but the passenger manifest should be provided to US Homeland security by P&O who should then update the records.

Not much scope for failure in that process is there?!

• Like 1

I was on this cruise and have received the same email, I called P and O customer support but told to email them, received a generic "we will reply within 14 days" reply.  Very poor by P and O.  Airlines and cruise lines are required to supply passenger details on entry and leaving US, clearly P and O haven't done this.  We are thinking of booking  USA and Canada trip with P and O but so many problems with them this We will probably look at Princess 

5 minutes ago, Starburst 21 said:

I was on this cruise and have received the same email, I called P and O customer support but told to email them, received a generic "we will reply within 14 days" reply.  Very poor by P and O.  Airlines and cruise lines are required to supply passenger details on entry and leaving US, clearly P and O haven't done this.  We are thinking of booking  USA and Canada trip with P and O but so many problems with them this We will probably look at Princess 

Some very good prices on Princess for this Sept US and Canada 24 night cruise are being offered at the moment.

7 hours ago, Marmadukes said:

This morning I received an email from the US indicating that I only had 10 days left on my stay there. My first thoughts were that this was a phishing attempt to obtain my personal details but after checking around it appeared genuine. We were on the Ventura's trip to New Orleans in March this year (N306) and entered the USA on 21st March which tallys exactly with the dates in the email. I have checked on the official US site and it is showing that (according to them) we are still in the USA. I have written to them querying the situation and asking what we need to do to resolve it (if anything).

I also received this email this morning but like yourself I thought it was a scam email, however I now seem to think that P&O have not submitted the paperwork to the US Customs and after reading that other people how now got this email I will be sending an email to P&O to rectify this problem as I hope to go to the USA early next year.

The whole Cruise on the Ventura was not very efficient from start to end.

1 hour ago, shipper23 said:

I now seem to think that P&O have not submitted the paperwork to the US Customs

or that US Customs have not actioned that paperwork.

I don't think that anyone should immediately lay the blame at the door of P&O - yes it might be their fault, but equally it may not.

15 minutes ago, david63 said:

or that US Customs have not actioned that paperwork.

I don't think that anyone should immediately lay the blame at the door of P&O - yes it might be their fault, but equally it may not.

I don't care whose fault it is but P&O are my first port of call to get this put right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shipper23 said:

I don't care whose fault it is but P&O are my first port of call to get this put right.

Not going to lie but if it was a urgent matter which I seem to think it is you're first point of call would be US customs or embassy. Logically it most likely be better to call Customs directly and they would hopefully be able to sort it there and then compared to P&O who might need to get in touch with them which can take more time than what you would do it in... Also considering P&O have up to 28 days to respond.

Edited by carlanthony24

As far as I'm concerned my contract is with P&O and so I expect them to put things right.  Contacting US immigration on a one to one basis is nigh on impossible.  Other social media shows another 40 or so passengers in a similar situation from this cruise and received the same email today.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marmadukes said:

This happened to us on a Celebrity cruise. It was b2b, the second leg being a TA. Somehow we were never registered as leaving the USA. We did get it resolved but it took several weeks. The cruise line blamed the port agent who in turn blamed the customs and border patrol. Tried calling the US Embassy in London, they don’t accept telephone calls. It was a very frustrating experience especially as we were due to go back within a few months. 

Edited by sandancer

10 hours ago, sandancer said:

This happened to us on a Celebrity cruise. It was b2b, the second leg being a TA. Somehow we were never registered as leaving the USA. We did get it resolved but it took several weeks. The cruise line blamed the port agent who in turn blamed the customs and border patrol. Tried calling the US Embassy in London, they don’t accept telephone calls. It was a very frustrating experience especially as we were due to go back within a few months. 

Thank you for the info.  Can I ask you how you finally resolved it as I can't find anything or any contact details on US Border websites?  Also, did you get just the 10 day notification email or were there more after the 10 days were up?

Thanks in advance 

We only received one email. I filled in a form on the CBP website and sent it off to them. It took some time to be resolved but somewhere there is a link which allows you to see a list of all your entries and departures into and out of the USA. It was only then that we knew for sure it had been resolved. Sorry I can’t be more informative but it was some time ago.

1 minute ago, sandancer said:

We only received one email. I filled in a form on the CBP website and sent it off to them. It took some time to be resolved but somewhere there is a link which allows you to see a list of all your entries and departures into and out of the USA. It was only then that we knew for sure it had been resolved. Sorry I can’t be more informative but it was some time ago.

That's really useful, thank you.

15 hours ago, shipper23 said:

Quite rightly so, regardless of where the fault lies.

They should be capable of checking their records to confirm whether or not the necessary exit information was given. If it was not, it would be up to them to rectify it. If it was, they would be able to bring the lack of follow up action to the attention of the US authorities. You as an individual do not have the detailed information necessary to do this.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1

Phoning P&O was a waste of time they told me to go to their visa department who could not help me as I did not get my visa from them so I have emailed customer services and will have to wait until they decide to reply

6 minutes ago, shipper23 said:

Phoning P&O was a waste of time they told me to go to their visa department who could not help me as I did not get my visa from them so I have emailed customer services and will have to wait until they decide to reply

Did you send your email to the executive office or just customer relations. Executive office is as follows just in case.

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Did you send your email to the executive office or just customer relations. Executive office is as follows just in case.

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

No I only sent it to the normal customer relations office but I will now send another email to the address you have given me.  Thank you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starburst 21 said:

I have now sent an email to the address given by Megabear.  P&O customer service really is appalling.

I have also sent an email to the address Megabear has given us and hopefully it will produce a reply.