Earliest return flight - Port Everglades - FLL

In theory yes you could. The airport is only a few minutes away. I have made a 9:30am there. But on NYE you would be taking a huge chance that if for whatever reason the ship got delayed clearing customs that you may miss the flight and not be able to find another that day.

1 minute ago, chfenton said:

With self walk off and assuming ship docks on time, I have been through security and at the gate by 8am many times.

This.  You can easily be at your gate by 8:00 AM with self-disembarking.  We also have many times. 

You can play "what if??" games all day long and pretty soon you'll be getting yourself a flight on Monday "just in case".

5 hours ago, abpplh said:

Help - Can I make a 10:40 or 10:55 flight out of FLL?  Sunday 12/31 - odyssey of the Seas?

yes.  Self disembark.  Although we were once last ones off of ship at 9am and made an 11am flight.

I've made earlier flights.  Airport is close to port.  

When we returned to the port, they were holding everyone on board until 8:30.  We were at the front of the self depart line and had passports, so exiting was very easy.  There was a very long line of people waiting on their Uber/Lyft drivers and we got right into a taxi and were at the airport a little after 9:00.  Security was quick, so yes you could make a flight if everything goes according to plan. I'm struggling with a similar dilemma for Miami.  I'm booking an 11:20 flight and plan to be in the front of the self assist line (I did pay the $20 to fly standby on any other flight that day, just in case).  

56 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  Self disembark.  Although we were once last ones off of ship at 9am and made an 11am flight.

I've made earlier flights.  Airport is close to port.  

Agree, plan on Self Disembark when going early Flights. At least 3 times was last off at between 1010 & 1040 these with earliest off about 745, this Radiance Class. Port Everglades. Twice I did FLL on Dec 22 and Dec 23 and line was out the Door. Was bunch people at Airport that missed Flights, some were told they might make it home by Xmas. Rare yes, but happens. Don't mind wait, I Fly out anywhere from 1230-2

Edited by ONECRUISER

29 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, plan on Self Disembark when going early Flights. At least 3 times was last off at between 1010 & 1040 these with earliest off about 745, this Radiance Class. Port Everglades. Twice I did FLL on Dec 22 and Dec 23 and line was out the Door. Was bunch people at Airport that missed Flights, some were told they might make it home by Xmas. Rare yes, but happens. Don't mind wait, I Fly out anywhere from 1230-2

That time last year was an exception with the disaster of SW.  If I see a good flight price non stop at 10am out of FLL and not SW or Spirit, I take it.  I was in San Juan on December 28th and it was a madhouse with the SW flights.  Very happy we booked American then.