Emerald Princess Mini-Suite Question

Boiler Cruiser

I recently saw a video that was supposed to be of the mini suite bathroom on the Emerald Princess.

It showed a separate shower and tub arrangement in the bathroom.  On previous cruises where I have had a mini suite there was a combined shower/tub configuration.  I have had a mini suite on the Crown Princess and there was a combined shower/ tub configuration on that ship.

Is the mini suite tub/ shower configuration in the Emerald Princess mini suites different from those of other Grand-class ships? 

Was the video I saw wrong?  (I hope so!)

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

I recently saw a video that was supposed to be of the mini suite bathroom on the Emerald Princess.

It showed a separate shower and tub arrangement in the bathroom.  On previous cruises where I have had a mini suite there was a combined shower/tub configuration.  I have had a mini suite on the Crown Princess and there was a combined shower/ tub configuration on that ship.

Is the mini suite tub/ shower configuration in the Emerald Princess mini suites different from those of other Grand-class ships? 

Was the video I saw wrong?  (I hope so!)

Thanks

Yes, video is incorrect.  Mini-suites across the fleet have bath/shower tub combination.  Only full suites will have a separate shower and tub.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

On previous cruises where I have had a mini suite there was a combined shower/tub configuration.  I have had a mini suite on the Crown Princess and there was a combined shower/ tub configuration on that ship.

This is the standard.  But maybe one can weigh in on what the configuration is for an Accessible Cabin.  I doubt that those have the standard tub/shower combo.  Could be that the video you saw was for one of those.  Did the video supply a cabin number?  That would answer everything.

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Why not post the video? That way, folks could weigh in on what you actually saw instead of speculating.

In general, minis have shower/tub combo.

Accessible minis don't have a tub, usually.

Here is the video.  Look at what it shows 53 seconds in.

Edited by Boiler Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

Here is the video.  Look at what it shows 53 seconds in.

Yup, that's 100% a suite bathroom shot. You can even see how the tiling matches the toilet shot in the suite portion. 

Whomever put the video together mixed up and put the suite bathroom under mini-suite.

There are no mini-suites in the fleet with a bathroom like that. .  An obvious error by the YouTuber. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Yup, that's 100% a suite bathroom shot. You can even see how the tiling matches the toilet shot in the suite portion. 

That was exactly what I noticed.