Noise Levels in IV Staterooms

lovedecruise

Being noise sensitive, could you please tell me, how much noise to expect when the windows and blinds are being deployed in the IV rooms?  I have read that some have also noticed the noise from adjoining staterooms when other passengers are lowering or raising their windows/blinds.  Has anyone found this to be intrusive?  I also read that someone could hear the bathroom doors closing above and in the surrounding rooms as they have a very powerful magnet.  Again, has anyone found this intrusive?  Many thanks for your help.

There is some noise when you are lowering/raising the window, nothing I found intrusive.  We never heard the adjoining windows.  The only doors we heard closing was when a adjoining cabin door slammed when the neighbor neglected to hold it so it would close slowly.

We found the IV to be quieter than a traditional balcony, no noisy neighbors outside late talking and playing music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

Being noise sensitive, could you please tell me, how much noise to expect when the windows and blinds are being deployed in the IV rooms?  I have read that some have also noticed the noise from adjoining staterooms when other passengers are lowering or raising their windows/blinds.  Has anyone found this to be intrusive?  I also read that someone could hear the bathroom doors closing above and in the surrounding rooms as they have a very powerful magnet.  Again, has anyone found this intrusive?  Many thanks for your help.

We were on the Beyond.  There was little noise from outside when the windows were open.  However, when neighbors were opening and closing their windows/blinds, it was noticeable.  It only lasted for about a minute.  We had no issues regarding the bathroom doors. 

The biggest issue with the Beyond were the number of complaints of noise coming from the walls and ceilings in certain rooms.  We were lucky not to experience any of those sounds.  

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

There is some noise when you are lowering/raising the window, nothing I found intrusive.  We never heard the adjoining windows.  The only doors we heard closing was when a adjoining cabin door slammed when the neighbor neglected to hold it so it would close slowly.

We found the IV to be quieter than a traditional balcony, no noisy neighbors outside late talking and playing music.

Same experience for us !

we were very hesitant in booking this room type, but once we realized we had what we felt was complete privacy, ….we really enjoyed it.

No neighbour noise at all !

• Like 2

I am noise sensitive too and blessed with hearing things others often don't.  I was among those  that mentioned hearing when neighbours would open or close their blinds/windows.  I found it annoying more because I felt it is just an unnecessary sound but it did not annoy me from a sensitivity perspective perhaps because I get more 'annoyed' by constant recurring sounds with no perceived end like the boom boom bass of music without hearing the actual music.

I did not hear this often, it seemed many just leave their windows closed so it was more rare than I would have expected and it was more about being able to actually hear it than it actually being  obtrusive.  Within my own stateroom, opening/closing the blind was annoying, it is like the sound of an electric can opener.  I seemed to hear more from the stateroom below than beside but I suppose it could be just because they opened more, but again it was not often and really not that bad but more just that it was sometimes noticeable.  As someone else mentioned, my recall is it was only when I had my own window open.

I do not recall hearing any sound coming from the staterooms next in this stateroom but they might just have been quiet neighbours.  I've had prior rooms on other Celebrity ships that I could hear sounds, one I could hear fighting next door and not much you can do to avoid that.  Not what you asked but I think the worst noise for me is the sound of a neighbours stateroom door slamming, you know the ones that could care less about others. Midway into my recent cruise I ended up becoming that person too just to show them what it was like, they were totally oblivious and it was at late hours that should have warranted a little more thought, my lack of thinking ended up being 6am 🙂

When I was on the Edge, there would be some squeaking while lowering the window in my room - never heard anything from the rooms on either side.

NEVER heard any squeaking on the rare occasion I lowered the blinds (ONLY when I was doing a cabin tour) or raised them up (every night after my stateroom attendant lowered them - I never saw them to tell them please don't after the first day meeting before they lowered them at night).