Notes from Queen Mary 2 to the Med (& back)

Host Hattie

7 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

First chance to properly see the condition of the outside, 

20230611_101028.jpg

20230611_101034.jpg

Would be interested to see if you could photograph the tiered area at the aft of the ship. When we left the ship in Southampton and drove along main road the rust and streams on the white area looked awful and was very disappointing. My balcony on deck 11 was also in very poor condition and very rusty and have no evidence of other balconies on deck 11 but should imagine they would be in same condition.

Edited by majortom10

We had room service breakfast again. It looked like a lovely morning in Vigo. I'd found a bus tour online but hadn't booked as the forecast was for rain. We were a bit late leaving the ship as Mr HH had arranged a call with Osman to discuss his concerns with the dining arrangements. I dread to think what awaits us tonight 😂.

We bought tickets for the tour 20€ each and people watched until it was time to leave. We had 3 stops, at a beach, country house and gardens and a viewpoint overlooking the city. We had around 15-20 minutes at each stop, we could have used more but it was a good introduction to the place. We were back onboard for 2pm, in time for small plates in the Carinthia Lounge. 

• Like 1

Hattie, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences.  I am wondering why no live piano music in the Commodore Club pre-dinner.  Thats my favorite hangout spot unless attending an affair elsewhere.  I will be sailing from New York again July 21 on the QM2 for 28 days and hate to think Commodore Club swill be dead music wise before dinner.  Thank you.

Deck Chair.

Hi HH, hope you enjoyed your day in Vigo. We're on this cruise also and did a different excursion which was reasonably enjoyable (Gallician Gardens, Castles and Wine Tasting). We're generally enjoying ourselves, enjoyed the show last night. A couple of misses (food-wise, service is universally excellent) in the QG restaurant, but overall pretty good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hattie, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences.  I am wondering why no live piano music in the Commodore Club pre-dinner.  Thats my favorite hangout spot unless attending an affair elsewhere.  I will be sailing from New York again July 21 on the QM2 for 28 days and hate to think Commodore Club swill be dead music wise before dinner.  Thank you.

Deck Chair.

Not a harp fan then? Don't worry the pianist is there tonight.

Screenshot_20230611_174148_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230611_174259_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

We're sharing a 24hr essentials package via Bluetooth from my phone and have been able to read emails, WhatsApp messages and post to social media. 

We're getting ready for Black and White night.

Thank you for the live updates from the QM2, this is great!   Do you happen notice any improvement in the WiFi now that Starlink is installed?   In a recent thread it was mentioned that even though Starlink was being installed that the system of routers and relays will probably still limit how good WiFi in staterooms.   I’m not an IT person, so I have no idea, but it would seem a better connection overall would have a help a little in the staterooms too.  

7 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

You know we all wish we were sailing with you!

Have a wonderful cruise!

P.S.  Whatever happened to the fencing that was supposed to be on different Cunard ships?  I was hoping they would bring it back.....

Fencing is on offer today 

• Like 2

We enjoyed sailaway from Vigo on our balcony with the provided sparkling wine. I can't comment on the taste as we drowned it in Peach juice ! There were lovely views on the sail out.

We went straight to dinner, both the other tables in our row of 6 were already full. Our immediate neighbours had booked for 8 o'clock but then given a pager ! 

Food was good again and there were some familiar faces in the area.

We went to the show, the theatre was fairly full and the singer/comedian/impressionist was entertaining. I'd seen him on QV last year but he was new to Mr HH. 

We got a table in the Commodore Club, it was still fairly busy when we left around midnight. 

• Like 3