Liberty OTS New Menu Celiac/Gluten Free Concerns

Hello All. In the process of picking a cruise for my family and learned that menus have been changed and are not gluten free friendly. Has anybody had this experience? Also, I don't see that sorbet is offered on the menu now, did RCCL take this option away also?  Thank you.

9 hours ago, funfamilyof6 said:

Also, I don't see that sorbet is offered on the menu now, did RCCL take this option away also?

What you see in the app on the menu is what you will likely get on board - if not listed, you are unlikely to see it on board. Special dietary needs can still be accommodated on board. 

My recent diagnosis made it so I have to ask about GF offerings every single time we go out (which isn't often anymore - it's so much easier to cook at home).

However, I scoured the internet and RC's GF offerings look absolutely delightful and they will include GF buns, etc. at no charge (which is AMAZING!) You just have to tell them ahead of time if you have any allergies. I noted with a CS rep that I am gluten free and I am probably going to wear a "is this gluten free?" shirt on my first night so our servers know what's up 😄

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I have been told but have forgotten.  Do you contact dining at RCCL or special needs to let them know about serious food allergies? 

I emailed Special Needs (no reply yet) and I called RCCL and had my reservation include this detail. When we get our room number, I'm going to call again to remind them. And then I will mention it to everyone I can on the ship. No getting sick for me, sea/gluten/otherwise!

On 6/12/2023 at 11:44 AM, Tree_skier said:

I have been told but have forgotten.  Do you contact dining at RCCL or special needs to let them know about serious food allergies? 

When we have cruised with RCCL in the past, and I have always emailed both special needs and RCCL dining to be safe.
I only had concerns this time because of the numerous negative reviews I have read regarding gluten free being difficult now due to the new menus. Maybe the negative reviews were because they did not notify RCCL ahead of time.