Celebrity Constellation

We are currently considering booking onto the Constellation for September with our family.

If anyone has recently or is currently on the Celebrity Constellation could you please let me know if you are experiencing poor food and/or service as I have read some reviews about this.  

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by TheGallopingMajor
  • Haha 2

We were on Constellation the trip before she went back to Europe this spring.  For us, service was awesome and food was great.  However we were in a Penthouse suite.  Along with the enhanced service it included unlimited dining in all of the Speciality restaurants and a different “main dining” venue.  

After cruising on this, Holland, and Virgin last - it was definitely our favorite and also best “value” for suite class.

We did hear people complaining about main dining room.  I’d have to say comments went 50-50 good vs bad.  A lot centered around changes from people’s previous cruises - like charging for additional lobster tails on Chic Night.  

I personally didn’t care for the Oceanview cafe. Often times we struggled to find seating as people would just park themselves and read or play cards. This was a sailing with just over 1000 guests.  

• Thanks 1

Spent 38 days in April/May on Constellation eating in the MDR.   Staff on Constellation was wonderful.  The food was very good to excellent.  Have never eaten in the buffet for dinner before but there were several nights where the food there enticed me to that venue.  The Executive Chef was certainly managing his food budget well.

• Like 1

One thing I forgot to mention…..

One night where they normally had Le Petite Chef, they had a menu from India.  They brought out all the dishes on the menu on smaller plates “family style”.  It was the best meal I’ve had on ANY ship EVER and in the top 3 for lifetime.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGallopingMajor said:

Wow that is very interesting - hopefully they will do that again when we are on the ship. 

You’ll want to ask about it either at the restaurant or at a table they set outside of the Oceanview to make specialty restaurant reservations.  We only heard about it by chance then went to reserve it. 

Just off the Constellation. Did not eat in MDR, though occasionally ordered from MDR menu in Luminae. Service in Luminae was top notch, food mostly very good. Room attendant and others that took care of us did a splendid job. Ship is small, but well kept. We don't do many of the daily activities, but they had the usual variety. Sushi on 5 and Oceanview were fine to good when we needed them for lunch. We are not Martini bar utilizers, but when we went through the area (as well as cellar masters) at night, there were plenty of people there enjoying it. Your milage may vary depending on cabin vs. suite, but the ship itself is fine/excellent for it's size and age, imo.

• Like 1

We just sailed on the Constellation for a Transatlantic in April from Tampa to Barcelona (15 nights).  We ate in Blu and the MDR -- very good (no complaints).  The staff, cruise director and martini bar was outstanding.  Even though she's a "smaller" ship, it was one of our best cruises ever!  Just a note -- I can't speak to the entertainment (just not our thing).

• Like 1

My DH and I were on our 1st Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in Feb. We were in a ‘sweet 16’ balcony. We ate breakfast, many lunches and dinner in the MDR. The food was excellent at breakfast, average at lunch, and good for every dinner but one. I had a steak so tough I shot it across the table trying to cut it. At least it added humor to the evening -and a stain on my husband’s shirt. We only ate at the buffet 3 or 4 times, except for a warm dessert and ice cream. (Rum raisin rocks!) The buffet was ok but not nearly as good as HAL - but that was pre-Covid so probably not a fair comparison. I like the MDR and being waited on and the crowd at the buffet were rather rude. Literally almost knocked off my feet by a large man at the meat carving station. Bless his heart, I guess he was really hungry. Hope that chicken made a difference for him. All crew were amazing, although our assigned steward disappeared for a few days ill. Replacements did a good job. My only complaints were that the outside walking deck (4 or 5?) was often closed, and nowhere to sit aft to watch the wake except the small deck outside the buffet. Went up there early to watch the sunrise. Hint- we sailed during a full moon and spent late evenings up on deck 12 forward. No one else was there. Lovely and quiet. 

• Haha 1

I was on the Constellation for 10 days in February. We ate all breakfasts in the OVC and they were all very good (no complaints). We had lunch on sea days there as well and it was hit or miss. We ate most dinners in the MDR and all was pretty good. The choices have been tapered down a little and the quality wasn't what it used to be, however it wasn't bad. 

As far as the condition of the ship...our cabin was great and mostly everything looked well maintained. My hubby complained about the chairs in the OVC they are really worn down. The cushioning in some is gone. He's a very slim guy so it's not a weight issue. We had a great time but if you're a foodie you might be a little dissappointed.

We returned from a Cruise on Constellation 10 days ago.  We were in Aqua Class so dined every night in Blu.  The food on the whole was excellent.  We used the buffet for lunches.  We mostly had salads but there was a fantastic choice of foods available everything from freshly carved roast meats to vegan choices.  With regard to service, compared to pre pandemic times in my opinion there did seem to be less staff.  Everyone was working hard but there didn't seem enough of them.  This was noticeable especially at the outside bars and in Cellar Masters.  Also there was only one sommelier working in Blu.  On the whole we had a lovely cruise and would gladly do it all again. 😊

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 1:11 PM, TheGallopingMajor said:

Wow that is very interesting - hopefully they will do that again when we are on the ship. 

That sounds great!  We are booked on Connie for 21 days over this Christmas/NYE.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:37 AM, TheGallopingMajor said:

We are currently considering booking onto the Constellation for September with our family.

If anyone has recently or is currently on the Celebrity Constellation could you please let me know if you are experiencing poor food and/or service as I have read some reviews about this.  

Many thanks in advance.

I did the 12 night Barcelona to Venice in May and it was my First sailing on Constellation. I thought it was Fantastic even though the ship had not been thru the Revolutionized upgrade program like Millenium and Summit. The only thing I missed from those ships was the newer bigger cabin TV with more features. 

I like the M class ships because even when full they never seem crowded.

The Crew and the Vibe of the ship were excellent and the food in the MDR and Ocean View were fine as well. I only did one night of specialty dining in Tuscan and it was very good also.

I liked it so much I booked a TA on it for March next year.

I found out that will be Connie's  last cruise before going into dry dock somewhere in the Med. or Europe for upgrades.

On 6/12/2023 at 9:09 AM, dunedinmaiden said:

We just sailed on the Constellation for a Transatlantic in April from Tampa to Barcelona (15 nights).  We ate in Blu and the MDR -- very good (no complaints).  The staff, cruise director and martini bar was outstanding.  Even though she's a "smaller" ship, it was one of our best cruises ever!  Just a note -- I can't speak to the entertainment (just not our thing).

my wife and i got a chuckle out of you "entertaniment just not our thing" post...I told her that you guys much be steelers fans....next time the steelers play the bengals on tv, the first drink at eddies is on us..........B&B in dunedin....wish you well.

2 hours ago, retired dude said:

my wife and i got a chuckle out of you "entertaniment just not our thing" post...I told her that you guys much be steelers fans....next time the steelers play the bengals on tv, the first drink at eddies is on us..........B&B in dunedin....wish you well.

That’s a date!  We’re definitely Steelers fans (season ticket holders for 36 years).

2 hours ago, retired dude said:

By the way, the B&B near the Wild Iris?