Refurb for Allure?

17 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

We’re on Allure in August and wondering when she was last refurbished?

She had a dry dock in early 2021 - it was mainly for maintenance, very little customer facing work was done.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

She had a dry dock in early 2021 - it was mainly for maintenance, very little customer facing work was done.

Well since I haven’t read but 1 review about her being dated, I guess she’s held up pretty well!  Thanks for that!

6 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

Well since I haven’t read but 1 review about her being dated, I guess she’s held up pretty well!  Thanks for that!

I love Allure!  She has held up well, I'm sailing on her again in October.  Be aware, if you weren't already, that since she wasn't 'amped' due to Covid, there are no slides.  I'm not a 'slide' person, so I love the more open views of the wake, and no big slides over the pool area.  But I know a lot of people, especially those with kids, are shocked when they see that there are no slides.  

• Like 3

As far as Oasis class, I have sailed Harmony and Allure. I can't speak to the newest ships, but I enjoyed both of these.  We will be sailing on Allure again soon. On my Allure cruise last summer, the state rooms seemed dated. Other than that, she was great. The solarium was very nice since it includes a pool and the one in Harmony did not. And I am happy they have not "updated" Mama Mia and changed the show. It was fantastic.

• Like 1

Allure is mostly all original.  She was in great shape last summer when we cruised.  As mentioned, never amped,

which for some is a nice thing.  If you don’t have kids and like the boardwalk, no huge ugly purple slide.  If you have kids, I have to admit, they liked Harmony and Symphony more due to the water slides and the huge ugly abyss slide.  If it was just my wife and I, we wouldn’t care either way.  Allure is fantastic.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I love Allure!  She has held up well, I'm sailing on her again in October.  Be aware, if you weren't already, that since she wasn't 'amped' due to Covid, there are no slides.  I'm not a 'slide' person, so I love the more open views of the wake, and no big slides over the pool area.  But I know a lot of people, especially those with kids, are shocked when they see that there are no slides.  

Not a problem for us!  We don’t do pools!😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, topnole said:

Allure is mostly all original.  She was in great shape last summer when we cruised.  As mentioned, never amped,

which for some is a nice thing.  If you don’t have kids and like the boardwalk, no huge ugly purple slide.  If you have kids, I have to admit, they liked Harmony and Symphony more due to the water slides and the huge ugly abyss slide.  If it was just my wife and I, we wouldn’t care either way.  Allure is fantastic.  

Thanks for the ramping of excitement!  We’re a family group and this is our 5th cruise, first on RCL.  Other cruises were Holland and NCL.  Anxious to compare.  We’re all in Suites so access to CK/ SL and have a blast in the evenings playing games and talking.  Counting the days!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

Thanks for the ramping of excitement!  We’re a family group and this is our 5th cruise, first on RCL.  Other cruises were Holland and NCL.  Anxious to compare.  We’re all in Suites so access to CK/ SL and have a blast in the evenings playing games and talking.  Counting the days!

you'll hear from the concierge sometime the week prior to your sailing.  DO NOT MISS THE SHOWS!  Aqua, Ice, Broadway.  All fantastic.  Booking for those will open up somewhere between now and 30 days out, and they book up quickly.  Use the online cruise planner, not the app for pre-cruise planning.   Try and reserve the aqua show early on in the sailing. It can get canceled if there's rough seas, so if you book it early in the sailing, it will be easier to rebook.  I wouldn't wait for the concierge on that--but if there are changes while onboard, that is who will help you.  Suite class (sky and star) is amazing on the Oasis class ships! I've got a crown loft booked for February on Harmony--can't wait! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

I like oasis and allure SL/CK better than Harmony and newer.  The bar is so much nicer. 

Since this is your first RCL trip, I’ll mention to not hold back asking the concierge for anything.  They will help with show reservations if shows get cancelled, dinner reservations, key replacement, etc.   They can do almost anything that can be done at guest services (and more) so don’t wait in that line unless you have to.  Enjoy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sargemrs said:

Don’t play games and talk until after you have seen the shows on allure.  She has some of the best IMHO!  Mamma Mia, Blue Planet, the ice show, and the aqua show are not to be missed.

• Like 1

I was on Allure a few weeks ago.  First time on an Oasis class ship, so I can't compare it to the ones with the amplification, but the ship was great.  I didn't notice anything that seemed dated or in need of refurbishment.  Some were saying that it is getting some extra TLC since the President's cruise is on Allure at the end of July.  You will have a great time!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rockmom said:

you'll hear from the concierge sometime the week prior to your sailing.  DO NOT MISS THE SHOWS!  Aqua, Ice, Broadway.  All fantastic.  Booking for those will open up somewhere between now and 30 days out, and they book up quickly.  Use the online cruise planner, not the app for pre-cruise planning.   Try and reserve the aqua show early on in the sailing. It can get canceled if there's rough seas, so if you book it early in the sailing, it will be easier to rebook.  I wouldn't wait for the concierge on that--but if there are changes while onboard, that is who will help you.  Suite class (sky and star) is amazing on the Oasis class ships! I've got a crown loft booked for February on Harmony--can't wait! 

We have 2 OS in our group, 2 GS and 1 Aqua so we'll get to see several cabins.  We had NCL Haven's on our last cruise, including the wonderful Owner's Suite that was absolutely amazing!!!!  So we're coming to this cruise SPOILED.  Can't go back!!  We're elderly and this may be our last cruise but as long as our health holds out we want to keep "cruising"!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topnole said:

I like oasis and allure SL/CK better than Harmony and newer.  The bar is so much nicer. 

Since this is your first RCL trip, I’ll mention to not hold back asking the concierge for anything.  They will help with show reservations if shows get cancelled, dinner reservations, key replacement, etc.   They can do almost anything that can be done at guest services (and more) so don’t wait in that line unless you have to.  Enjoy.  

We're not entitled people but we SURE DO enjoy the suite life!  We can't wait!!!  Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

We have 2 OS in our group, 2 GS and 1 Aqua so we'll get to see several cabins.  We had NCL Haven's on our last cruise, including the wonderful Owner's Suite that was absolutely amazing!!!!  So we're coming to this cruise SPOILED.  Can't go back!!  We're elderly and this may be our last cruise but as long as our health holds out we want to keep "cruising"!

yeah, once you get spoiled, it's hard to go back.  For ours in February we have the CL and 2 GS.  My travel buddy and I are in the CL, she wanted me to go for the Aqua suite, but I absolutely love being so close to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen on deck 17. But you do have to deal with it being a 2-story suite, so there are stairs. But there are two full bathrooms, which for two women traveling together, is heavenly.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rockmom said:

yeah, once you get spoiled, it's hard to go back.  For ours in February we have the CL and 2 GS.  My travel buddy and I are in the CL, she wanted me to go for the Aqua suite, but I absolutely love being so close to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen on deck 17. But you do have to deal with it being a 2-story suite, so there are stairs. But there are two full bathrooms, which for two women traveling together, is heavenly.  

Two bathrooms are wonderful.  We had 2 on the Joy in Haven Aft.  Amazing luxury!

• Like 1

On Oasis (and Anthem), we had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs with two connecting oceanview balconies.  Solo (w/ no supplement) in each balcony.  I was spoiled during the restart.  😄

Now that we reached 340 points, we are doing solo balconies on Oasis and Odyssey TAs next year.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sargemrs said:

We're not entitled people but we SURE DO enjoy the suite life!  We can't wait!!!  Thanks!!

Yeah I here you, and I understand what you are getting at.  My family is very very far from what you are suggesting.  But,

I’ll just say paying a premium for a suite/service isn’t entitlement (again I understand your point).  I’ve now done enough suites to not be so “unentitled” that I don’t ask the concierge for help when appropriate.  I don’t expect things and I treat them with respect and always tip well for the services they provide.  Last two cruises the SL concierges went above and beyond for my family without us even asking for things.  They were

truly fantastic. 

• Like 1