Guarantee Room Change

I booked a balcony guarantee for my upcoming cruise. The room hasn’t been officially “assigned”, but I can see it using the barcode trick.

Am I able to switch to a different room in that category? Or do I need to wait until everything is “officially” assigned?

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

You need to wait until it's official.

However in my recent case by the time it was official the category I was assigned was closed so there was nothing available to me to move into.

That’s what I figured. 

Ah well. It’s my 6th time doing a guarantee room. First time I’m not thrilled. You win some, you lose some. 

1 minute ago, PGHProducer said:

Ah well. It’s my 6th time doing a guarantee room. First time I’m not thrilled. You win some, you lose some.

We came close to our first "not thrilled" cabin last July. Just keep checking for the official assignment so you can possibly switch.

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We came close to our first "not thrilled" cabin last July. Just keep checking for the official assignment so you can possibly switch.

I will. 

it is what it is. Im just happy to be on the ship!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

it is what it is. Im just happy to be on the ship!

Exactly, we would have still had a great cruise, we just didn't want to be on deck 4 (it was an interior GTY). We prefer mid-high decks, GL!

If you are bidding via RoyalUp, your bar code cabin info may help you adjust your bidding.  In this case, as you are not thrilled with your pending assignment, you many want to consider increasing your bids or perhaps bidding on additional categories.  For example, a person with an inside gty who did not initially bid on a virtual balcony might want to submit that bid if they don’t like their barcode info.  People who like the cabin in their barcode may do the opposite.

12 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

If you are bidding via RoyalUp, your bar code cabin info may help you adjust your bidding.  In this case, as you are not thrilled with your pending assignment, you many want to consider increasing your bids or perhaps bidding on additional categories.  For example, a person with an inside gty who did not initially bid on a virtual balcony might want to submit that bid if they don’t like their barcode info.  People who like the cabin in their barcode may do the opposite.

This is exactly what I plan to do on Friday when I can check-in for mine on Quantum.

• Like 1