Watching for Price Decreases on a Ship that's Sold Out in a Specific Cabin Category?

Just booked the last available Junior Suite on a cruise for next summer.  In the past I've been able to watch fares through RCI's website and rebook when they dropped, but when there are no other JSs available, I can't see the fare being offered.  I suppose I can always call, but we all know what a time investment that can be!  Plus, is it likely that the fare would decrease on such a sailing that has a sold out cabin class?

Have any of you run into a similar scenario? 

Our cruise doesn't depart until July, 2024, so we have many months to monitor the fare in hopes of getting a better one.  I just would like the opportunity to do so.

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

Just booked the last available Junior Suite on a cruise for next summer.  In the past I've been able to watch fares through RCI's website and rebook when they dropped, but when there are no other JSs available, I can't see the fare being offered.  I suppose I can always call, but we all know what a time investment that can be!  Plus, is it likely that the fare would decrease on such a sailing that has a sold out cabin class?

Have any of you run into a similar scenario? 

Our cruise doesn't depart until July, 2024, so we have many months to monitor the fare in hopes of getting a better one.  I just would like the opportunity to do so.

Pick another suite category..say a GS and know what that was selling for the day you booked yours or close to it.  Monitor that.  If you see the GS drop then you would have to call Royal to find out if the JS dropped

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pick another suite category..say a GS and know what that was selling for the day you booked yours or close to it.  Monitor that.  If you see the GS drop then you would have to call Royal to find out if the JS dropped

This.

When I book a cruise, I put the current prices of all the room categories in a spreadsheet. Then, if my room category sells out, I can make a judgement of whether or not to check by calling based on whether all the other categories have gone down or not.