Royal Caribbean MDR 2023 menus

I have seen videos explaining the new MDR menus this year.

Every video,except one showed 7 different menus,while one showed an 8th.

I see a welcome aboard,royal and various international themed menus,but they all seem to be about a 7 day cruise or longer.

We were considering a 5 day cruise on either the Voyager of the seas,or Independence of the seas,and wondered which of the international themes they choose. 

Or is it different from cruise to cruise

Best bet to see the menu is to go to the app and find a similar cruise sailing in the next few weeks (or else menus may not be loaded yet too far out, more than a few weeks). Most important is find a similar amount of nights as that seems to be the most important variable for rotation. 
Exact menu may vary by night, but usually same 5 menus should be on most 5 night itineraries (or change number of nights) but may vary in rotation. I’ve read somewhere that Royal usually tries to line up Caribbean night with the first Caribbean port, and taste of Mexico with first Mexican port - but YMMV. Also, taste of France is usually first “dress to impress” night, and Royal night the second. 
On my last sailing a Head Waiter was talking to my table about the menus, and said they have up to 20-25 total dinner menus, but typically it’s the “main” 7 used since most are 7 night cruises. But up to 20-something nights shouldn’t have a repeated theme. 

5 minutes ago, JK805 said:

Best bet to see the menu is to go to the app and find a similar cruise sailing in the next few weeks (or else menus may not be loaded yet too far out, more than a few weeks). Most important is find a similar amount of nights as that seems to be the most important variable for rotation. 
Exact menu may vary by night, but usually same 5 menus should be on most 5 night itineraries (or change number of nights) but may vary in rotation. I’ve read somewhere that Royal usually tries to line up Caribbean night with the first Caribbean port, and taste of Mexico with first Mexican port - but YMMV. Also, taste of France is usually first “dress to impress” night, and Royal night the second. 
On my last sailing a Head Waiter was talking to my table about the menus, and said they have up to 20-25 total dinner menus, but typically it’s the “main” 7 used since most are 7 night cruises. But up to 20-something nights shouldn’t have a repeated theme. 

OK dumb question. I have seen people say go to the app.being that i,in the past have never sailed this line,I have never downloaded the app.

When I tried to download it won't allow me to,unless I sign into my account,which I don't have,since I never sailed RCCL,and it asks me for a credit card.

Guess either I misunderstood which app,or I am doing something else wrong.

We have notbooked yet,since we are undecided about which one 

• Like 2

I was able to sign on app,but being old and technology challenged, I can't find menus,and anyway,can't check simila cruises,since they only go 3 months out and are to different parts of Caribbean. 

My cruise would not go to Mexico 

1 hour ago, margincall said:

OK dumb question. I have seen people say go to the app.being that i,in the past have never sailed this line,I have never downloaded the app.

When I tried to download it won't allow me to,unless I sign into my account,which I don't have,since I never sailed RCCL,and it asks me for a credit card.

You should not need a credit card to download the app.  Are you sure it’s the correct one?  And you can set up an account without having a cruise booked.  Still should not need a credit card.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, margincall said:

I was able to sign on app,but being old and technology challenged, I can't find menus,and anyway,can't check simila cruises,since they only go 3 months out and are to different parts of Caribbean. 

What ship & what itinerary?

2 hours ago, poocher said:

What ship & what itinerary?

We are undecided between a dew either going to Puerto Plata and Labadee,or Falmouth and Nassau,but the menus ony go out 3 months,and when I clicked on menu,it only hD kids menu

I believe ships are voyager and independence and explorer

You should not need a credit card to download the app.  Are you sure it’s the correct one?  And you can set up an account without having a cruise booked.  Still should not need a credit card.

I didn't

I looked wrong

1 hour ago, margincall said:

We are undecided between a dew either going to Puerto Plata and Labadee,or Falmouth and Nassau,but the menus ony go out 3 months,and when I clicked on menu,it only hD kids menu

if menus  not loaded yet for your sailing,

in app click on head

Select a different cruise 

scroll down 

Browse our ships 

select the same ship and next weeks sailing date

Click dining

• Like 4

6 hours ago, margincall said:

I have seen videos explaining the new MDR menus this year.

Every video,except one showed 7 different menus,while one showed an 8th.

I see a welcome aboard,royal and various international themed menus,but they all seem to be about a 7 day cruise or longer.

We were considering a 5 day cruise on either the Voyager of the seas,or Independence of the seas,and wondered which of the international themes they choose. 

Or is it different from cruise to cruise

You say that you can see the standard 7 menus.  Do you really need to know which five will be on your cruise now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, margincall said:

So follow Little Britain’s steps above & you can see the menus.  If you need more detailed instructions, let us know.  Once you do it the first time, it’s really pretty easy. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

if menus  not loaded yet for your sailing,

in app click on head

Select a different cruise 

scroll down 

Browse our ships 

select the same ship and next weeks sailing date

Click dining

Did thT

Only had kids menu

So follow Little Britain’s steps above & you can see the menus.  If you need more detailed instructions, let us know.  Once you do it the first time, it’s really pretty easy. 

As I told him/her,followed steps and only showed kids menu

Not urgent

Was just trying to get idea

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You say that you can see the standard 7 menus.  Do you really need to know which five will be on your cruise now?

If I have specialty dining options and I am trying to make reservations before boarding, I like to see the menus by night and choose specialty dining on the nights the menu's do not seem as appealing. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, margincall said:

15 hours ago, margincall said:

You go into the app and click the little person icon (circled) in the top right as in the first photo, then choose “select a different cruise” as circled in the second photo. Then scroll to the bottom, where it says ”Browse our ships” then click the ship and sailing date that you would like.  Then find the dining venue are interested in and look at the menu.  This works for the bars and MDR as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.82a3502fe22de79bedb517f1b66d78ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.54f1919db17bfc7210ed1e8f10a266ac.jpeg

4 hours ago, margincall said:

As I told him/her,followed steps and only showed kids menu

Not urgent

Was just trying to get idea

If only kids menu is showing, the menus haven’t been loaded and probably too far out.

Follow @The Fun Researcher’s steps to choose another sailing (you can choose any to view, even if you aren’t on that one - I sometimes like to follow along on some to get my “fix” when in between cruises) and if you choose one in the next few sailings the menus should be loaded. 

• Like 1