How to book Murano for 6 without paying for all

PKB

Would like to make a reservation for Murano now before sailing in 2024 for a group of six - three couples booked in separate cabins.  How can we book a table together without one couple paying for all six at booking?  

I've no experience with that but maybe if you go through your TA or Celebrity Rep?  They can note your reservation(s).  Do you have the 3 cabins linked on the X website?  May be doable that way as well.  The easiest would be for all 3 couples to book independently and then request your table when you board.  Go right away to the Maitre D' to set up date and time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PKB said:

Would like to make a reservation for Murano now before sailing in 2024 for a group of six - three couples booked in separate cabins.  How can we book a table together without one couple paying for all six at booking?  

If the three couples are not using the same TA, have each couple book the same date & time. Once you get onboard, go to Murano with all three cabin numbers and arrange with the Maitre’d to be seated together. 

• Thanks 1

Go to your own upcoming cruises on the Celebrity website, select manage reservation, in the cruise planner, select dining, click on Murano, while booking your own reservation it will allow you to "add guest".  By adding your friend's reservation numbers you can set it up (up to 8).  Personally upon boarding I head to Murano and make sure it is set up correctly.  They are VERY accommodating.

Edited by Beba-Beba

1 hour ago, Beba-Beba said:

Go to your own upcoming cruises on the Celebrity website, select manage reservation, in the cruise planner, select dining, click on Murano, while booking your own reservation it will allow you to "add guest".  By adding your friend's reservation numbers you can set it up (up to 8).  Personally upon boarding I head to Murano and make sure it is set up correctly.  They are VERY accommodating.

With your method, OP will end up paying for the entire group, which is what they are trying to avoid. 

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

With your method, OP will end up paying for the entire group, which is what they are trying to avoid. 

I correct that when I visit Murano upon boarding.  I get it back in OBC or credited back to my card  depending on what I used to book.  They are VERY accommodating.

OR each couple could book individually online and visit Murano upon boarding to ask to be seated together.  They are very accommodating even if each couple has different time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beba-Beba said:

I correct that when I visit Murano upon boarding.  I get it back in OBC or credited back to my card  depending on what I used to book.  They are VERY accommodating.

OR each couple could book individually online and visit Murano upon boarding to ask to be seated together.  They are very accommodating even if each couple has different time. 

They will accommodate if the preferred time is open.  Best not to chance it IMO.  Easier/safer for each couple to book the same time on their reservation online, pay for it, and arrange their group table upon boarding.

The only drawback that could happen with each booking, the time might not be available for all the 3 groups if they do individually.  Not saying it cant happen but I would just have one book and then easy enough to pay the one person back

This past Feb on the Equinox 2 couples and I ( I am solo) each booked Murano individually.  Two were able to book 8pm, 2 got 8:30 and 1 got 9pm.  Embarkation day we asked to be seated together and the Maitre d' made it happen.  We got what we wanted and Murano freed up 2 tables that they could flip 1 more time that evening.  For them they want to book each table as many times as possible.  I like to dine on the late side.  I get to dine at a slower pace because they are not looking to flip the table.

BTW --   The specialty restaurants do not make all the time slots available online.  That is why they have the wiggle room to move reservations around to accommodate the cruisers once we board.  I read here on these boards that only 25 to 30% of the reservation slots are opened up to pre-cruise bookings.  When I asked the maitre d' he confirmed that that was correct but he did not confirm what percentage was withheld.

Go ahead and book pre-cruise.    They will really try to accommodate reasonable requests.  Being somewhat flexible about the timing helps too!

Mary

On 6/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, PKB said:

Last year for my Dad's 95th birthday dinner in Tuscan Grille, we had 9 people (4 couples and 1 single).  We were directed to individually make and pay for the individual reservations through the website/app and then email celcruiseenhancements@celebrity.com.  They said try to pick times close together, but just make the reservations and they'll coordinate with the ship to combine the reservations and time.  Expect to be flexible with your reservation time.

• Thanks 1