Best time to check if cabins have been freed up on site?

I believe that the system updates continuously as when changes take place, so if somebody cancels that cabin will show as available within minutes (have seen this when i have cancelled in the past)

The best time to look for cancellations is around final balance time.

• Like 2

If you are really serious about it and blessed with a mild case of OCD, check every morning.  I did that for a particular and uncommon cruise that I wanted several years ago.  The category I wanted was sold out and Princess reps said there was a waiting list. Folks on the roll call were discussing the waiting list, etc.

I got up one morning to check online and was able to book a cabin.  And without a single supplement being added.  Two hours later the price was back up and everything was sold out.  Evidently, the IT wonks were hard at work improving the system overnight.

Folks on the roll call were still discussing the roll call as if nothing happened.  They and the TAs missed that brief opening.

That was one sweet cruise. 

• Like 4

I agree with @SargassoPirate  I have found some stunning deals first thing on the morning (5am to 8am typically) also at times in the middle of the night when insomnia rears it’s ugly head. 

I really can’t say for certain why but I suspect that no cost holds automatically drop at midnight so things open up. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I agree with @SargassoPirate  I have found some stunning deals first thing on the morning (5am to 8am typically) also at times in the middle of the night when insomnia rears it’s ugly head. 

I really can’t say for certain why but I suspect that no cost holds automatically drop at midnight so things open up. 

That midnight time could really vary by time zone in which the booking was made. 

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That midnight time could really vary by time zone in which the booking was made. 

I’ve found bookings and princess in general runs on pacific time. Like elite pre sales are always in pacific time. It would be kind of weird if elites in NewYork had access before elites in Cal.  But maybe someone with experience in when their hold released in another time zone will pipe in. 

9 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve found bookings and princess in general runs on pacific time. Like elite pre sales are always in pacific time. It would be kind of weird if elites in NewYork had access before elites in Cal.  But maybe someone with experience in when their hold released in another time zone will pipe in. 

I'm on the east coast, so my 5:00 AM coffee and price checks is 2:00 AM Pacific Time.  Other than my big score that I mentioned I have found some price drops but the I have to wait until my warehouse club TA opens at 7:00 Pacific Time.

Regardless, it's worth a little effort.

9 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yes, agree the pre sales are run on PT.

My response was to your post about the no cost holds.  I assume you are talking

about FP deadlines?

13 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I really can’t say for certain why but I suspect that no cost holds automatically drop at midnight so things open up

However, programmatic queue cancellations for the time limit on final payments, should be based on the time zone you/TA’s are located in. This would be directly related to the phone area code of the booking guest/agent that is in record.

Wouldn’t affect us, unless you miss your deadline for FP. 

So, two difference scenarios we are talking about.  

• 2 weeks later...

The system bumps inside guarantees and ocean guarantees only to obstruction views cabins  on oceanview obstruction and balcony with obstruction views. The Mini suites on dolphin typically come from those being double upgraded. This only happens if you call each time you get a assign room. You must call them to put you on the waitlist for an upgrade. You can be any status to receive the upgrades. Upgrades happen less for Elite.

The revenue system does the prepicked upgrades night before and does the change and  notifications on Wednesdays between 10:10am 10:20am . It does this every 3-5 cycle weeks. 

all promotions and upgrades are base on system formula computer prediction. Revenue office may do a manual wave of upgrades to promote sales with their vendors to sell cabins. Priceline and Smartcruisers will buy huge winter blocks in the month of May at the Cruise Conventions previous year. Thus why youll see specific balconies on Royal Caribbean and Princess sell cheaper than Inside cabins. Youll find these type of knock off pricing on ships that recently had a major refurbishment or are brand new, the  Icon the Seas is one of them . 

Im curious what bids people have won ? The bid amount and where you able to rebid? 

you have tricks or knowledge id be to try. 

Spectrum of the Seas we won a Balcony deck 14 for $150us total from a inside cabin. My confidence was 90% id win.

*Princess will be our first time bidding for a 14 day cruise in November.  

we used to win on Caribbean itineraries before switching to Celebrity Cruises

Princess  7days,10days,14 days voyages from

Inside to Balcony 9 out 17 

Oceanview obstructed to Balcony  4 out 17 

Balcony to Mini Suites 2 out 17 

one started as inside to oceanview to balcony to balcony on different floor to Mini Suite 

on older ships that have ocean obstructed views, these are the ships with the best opportunity to get a guaranteed upgrade. 

Shop around for Cheapest oceanview obstructed with no room assignment. When a room gets assign, call to put room back to unassign until you get your cabin category your happy with. If you get a balcony, change it to the centre of the ship , they will bump you to a mini suite if its not sold out.  

aircanada vacation lately as been selling Princess at Canadian currency par which gives you additional 34% off the usa published prices. 

$984us > $984Cad = $641us 

make sure your Princess Profile has a canadian address from USA address you can change via online. 

go to AirCanada Vacation >cruise section > will show $1568cad pp. once you put in your Captain Circle number, your rate will change to $984cad