Do I need to link cabins for dining package (the free specialty restaurants)?

frayedend

Wow it's been a long time since I've been here.  Anyhow, we are going on the Pearl for an easy Boston-Bermuda cruise.  We have our friends also going in a different cabin.  Part of the promotion we have includes 2 free specialty restaurant dining for each of us.  When booking our reservations we decided the best thing to do was for each of us to reserve a restaurant, with 4 people.  So we booked Cagney's and our friend's booked the other (I forget which).  

Is there any reason I need to link the cabins so there isn't an issue with us all getting the free meal.  I'm guessing/hoping they just ask for the cabin card/# at the restaurant and we will be charged accordingly.  But I like to be prepared. I don't want to wait in line at the service desk for any silly thing.

8 minutes ago, frayedend said:

Wow it's been a long time since I've been here.  Anyhow, we are going on the Pearl for an easy Boston-Bermuda cruise.  We have our friends also going in a different cabin.  Part of the promotion we have includes 2 free specialty restaurant dining for each of us.  When booking our reservations we decided the best thing to do was for each of us to reserve a restaurant, with 4 people.  So we booked Cagney's and our friend's booked the other (I forget which).  

Is there any reason I need to link the cabins so there isn't an issue with us all getting the free meal.  I'm guessing/hoping they just ask for the cabin card/# at the restaurant and we will be charged accordingly.  But I like to be prepared. I don't want to wait in line at the service desk for any silly thing.

It's great that you are planning so well!

However, you do not need to link your room.  They will ask for your key card at the host desk, and again at the end, the server will request key cards (for accounting of the meals).

Edited by ggTexasGal
changed wording
  • Like 1

and once you've dined together once the system will link them.  I'm a solo and met some people during embarkation that I ended up dining with all cruise (by THEIR invite, I offered to leave them on their own), once we dined together once the subsequent nights the host asked if the other cabin was there when one checked in.

• Like 1