Long time NCL cruiser booked MSC to keep Diamond Status match. Trying to avoid callling MSC to add husband's voyager #

kjquilts

We status matched from NCL to MSC years ago as Black which then changed to Diamond.  Covid happened and our MSC status kept getting extended which we really appreciate.   We're now Diamond on NCL and ready to branch out as some recent NCL actions have made us a little unhappy. 

MSC Diamond status expires 12/31/2023 so I booked the Meraviglia 9/24/2023 Canada/New England cruise on MSC USA website.   Final payment is not due yet.  Booked Aurea mainly because we love NCL's open dining.

I thought when I booked cruise I input both my voyager # and dh's voyager # but the MSC booking only shows my number.  We both received the browse one device and the easy plus drink package.  I received $100 non-refundable OBC, dh received -0-.   When I did the passenger data section for the cruise on the MSC website it would not let me add dh's voyager number.  If I do a mock booking and input his number and birth date it does match up.

Not sure what to do now as I've read quite a few horror stories about snafu's happening if you call MSC for help.  Can someone help out an MSC newbie ??

Thanks in advance

My number did not show on our 5/7/23 booking. I had a terrible time trying to check in and had to call for help. I asked about my missing number at the same time and was told they could see it on their side. It never did show up for me, but the cruise is listed in my history and I received points for it. You might want to wait until check in opens, as they have a special phone line just for that. 

My voyager's number was the only one showing up on our recent booking as well...even though I had status matched my mother who was joining me.  I emailed MSC and asked them to add her number to the booking.  I never heard a response from them but when we picked up our key cards at check in, her number was in fact on the card and attached to the booking.

We have had this sort of thing happen  number staus not appearing in the places it should but onboard its OK,

Also the other way when it looks like you are in the system and your cards have you as new.

One thing to watch out for is the way they do the matching the names o nthe booking and in the voyager account have to  have to match exactly.

Got caught by this adding middle name to a booking, eventually they changed my voyager account to get it sorted.. 

15 hours ago, kjquilts said:

We status matched from NCL to MSC years ago as Black which then changed to Diamond.  Covid happened and our MSC status kept getting extended which we really appreciate.   We're now Diamond on NCL and ready to branch out as some recent NCL actions have made us a little unhappy. 

MSC Diamond status expires 12/31/2023 so I booked the Meraviglia 9/24/2023 Canada/New England cruise on MSC USA website.   Final payment is not due yet.  Booked Aurea mainly because we love NCL's open dining.

I thought when I booked cruise I input both my voyager # and dh's voyager # but the MSC booking only shows my number.  We both received the browse one device and the easy plus drink package.  I received $100 non-refundable OBC, dh received -0-.   When I did the passenger data section for the cruise on the MSC website it would not let me add dh's voyager number.  If I do a mock booking and input his number and birth date it does match up.

Not sure what to do now as I've read quite a few horror stories about snafu's happening if you call MSC for help.  Can someone help out an MSC newbie ??

Thanks in advance

Don't call.......I have had my share of those stories.

Give the booking to a TA, then have them add it.