Kevin Simm in the Limelight

AndyMichelle

Just wondered if any of you have seen Kevin Simm and was he any good? 

I expect he has a great voice, but does he put on a good show and interact? 

In a nutshell, is he worth the extra 20 quid and having to queue early to get a decent seat as seems you have to do these days... 

Andy 

The meal alone on Arvia justified the extra cost for me.  Fabulous fillet of beef and great dessert. The entertainment the icing on the cake

Not seen Kevin Simm but others have said he's great

Money well spent IMO

And you are listening to singing and stories. Why need to queue to be at the front. It  won't sound any different at the back. 

The 30 mins in the queue is cocktail time for us sat at the Emerald Bar next time we do limelight 

Table will still be waiting once the queue has gone

It's not like needing to be at the front for a magician or visual act

IMO

3 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The meal alone on Arvia justified the extra cost for me.  Fabulous fillet of beef and great dessert. The entertainment the icing on the cake

Not seen Kevin Simm but others have said he's great

Money well spent IMO

And you are listening to singing and stories. Why need to queue to be at the front. It  won't sound any different at the back. 

The 30 mins in the queue is cocktail time for us sat at the Emerald Bar next time we do limelight 

Table will still be waiting once the queue has gone

It's not like needing to be at the front for a magician or visual act

IMO

Some tables have a poor view.

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Some tables have a poor view.

I agree

But we were near the back for Mary Mac on Arvia. Plus with a pillar in a bad place. And she's more visual than most acts. A big part of her act is her dancing sketch at the end. Still had a great night. 

A normal singer who chats. There's not a lot  to need to see.

My own choice would be to not queue for 30 minutes. I realise most will queue. 

Those queuing at the back of the queue will have bad seats like us regardless.

But we will have them without the stress of queuing as well. 

Basically only point in getting there early to queue is to make sure you are near the front of the queue 

No point queuing at the back of a long queue for sure. Which  is what we did on Arvia

We know better now

Either queue very early at the front or don't queue at all. That's what I've learnt from my last experience

Hope that makes sense 

4 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I agree

But we were near the back for Mary Mac on Arvia. Plus with a pillar in a bad place. And she's more visual than most acts. A big part of her act is her dancing sketch at the end. Still had a great night. 

A normal singer who chats. There's not a lot  to need to see.

My own choice would be to not queue for 30 minutes. I realise most will queue. 

Those queuing at the back of the queue will have bad seats like us regardless.

But we will have them without the stress of queuing as well. 

Basically only point in getting there early to queue is to make sure you are near the front of the queue 

No point queuing at the back of a long queue for sure. Which  is what we did on Arvia

We know better now

Either queue very early at the front or don't queue at all. That's what I've learnt from my last experience

Hope that makes sense 

Not really. By your own admission some tables give limited views. I wouldn't want to look at a pillar, but if you do, each to their own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Not really. By your own admission some tables give limited views. I wouldn't want to look at a pillar, but if you do, each to their own.

Nobody has to look at a pillar. It's just there are pillars between lots of tables at the back that spoils the view overall. But doesn't block the view of the whole stage 

Like I say I'm sure it's important enough to plenty of people to get  there early and queue

But my advice stands 

If you aren't early and there's a big queue then you will be at the back or sides with pillars in front of you so no point queuing for that really is there?

What do you gain? 30 minutes queue then a table at the back.

Maybe you need to be an hour early to be near front.

So my choice is not to queue. If it was a dance act or the Morecambe and Wise duo who are visual or a magician maybe I would have a different plan

Being at the back or having a pillar obscuring a part of the stage for a singer doesn't change what you hear. And you can still see them 90 per cent of the time as well

It's not Sir Rod Stewart or Sir Elton John

They might warrant me to queue just to be close to them

I trained next to Gareth Gates in the gym on Iona. 1 metre away. Didn't gain anything from that 

Maybe he did though!!

Lol

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just wondered if any of you have seen Kevin Simm and was he any good? 

I expect he has a great voice, but does he put on a good show and interact? 

In a nutshell, is he worth the extra 20 quid and having to queue early to get a decent seat as seems you have to do these days... 

Andy 

We have booked £36 for 2 with all discounts. weare going on Sunday 2nd.

• Like 3

We have done Limelight a few times, booked early to get good seats and always had a great time. 

I don't really want to queue and I don't want to sit behind a pillar, so probably won't go. 

Another night in the Epicurean beckons... I will join the queue 😂

Andy 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Never ever seen any queue in Epicurean. If I did again I would walk straight past and head to Crow's Nest until the queue had gone

Why would anyone join a queue for a reserved table in there?

It was irony... 

• Haha 7

We watched Ray Quinn and Kevin Simm on our last cruise, really liked Ray but wasn’t a fan of Kevin, found it a bit awkward and although he had a nice voice wasn’t a fan of the music and bored of him keeping going about losing popstars and the Brit award. 

The food was nice though 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Al_W said:

We watched Ray Quinn and Kevin Simm on our last cruise, really liked Ray but wasn’t a fan of Kevin, found it a bit awkward and although he had a nice voice wasn’t a fan of the music and bored of him keeping going about losing popstars and the Brit award. 

The food was nice though 😆

Funny enough I also attended both and for me it was the other way round. 

Thought Kevin had a lot more content, had the crowd more, much more real with the interaction (even with the Brit Award overkill!), whereas Ray was good also, played his set, but seemed to be off just under the hour from coming on.  Some interaction but felt more corporate to me.

I do think that The Limelight Club, save for a few terrible experiences on Arvia, is one of the better innovations on P&O in recent years.  Not quite got the 710 Club vibe yet.  Definitely worth booking before boarding, as I think the price went up noticeably.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 11:13 AM, Interestedcruisefan said:

TBH most names I see for Limelight don't enthrall me but not heard a bad review yet for any of them?

The opposite in fact

I could spoil that if I could remember the performers name.  Iona at Christmas,  he sang a few songs, talked about his performance on one of the many tallent shows, also talked about his appearance of 'celebrity' Dine With Me. We saw much better entertainment in other venues at no extra cost. 

• Like 1