Princess cruise transfer from Victoria Coach Station

Does Princess still offer their cruise transfer to Southampton from Victoria Coach Station? Looking at summer 2024 the transfer option says from LHR/LGW airport to and from ship but doesn't mention the Victoria Coach Station option that they had. 

They have that options for this year, I know people who have added it for a recent cruise and I'm getting transfers back to Coach Station at the end of my Regal Princess cruise next month.  So it currently is offered...I don't know why they wouldn't continue it for next year.  It may just not be in the system yet?

We have done this transfer many times.  We stay at a hotel very near the Coach Station.  I currently have the transfer booked for a sailing in November, but our plans have just changed so I *may* be cancelling the transfer.  It's very convenient since they handle your luggage all the way to your cabin on the ship!  There are definitely cheaper ways but none as convenient.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 8:12 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have done this transfer many times.  We stay at a hotel very near the Coach Station.  I currently have the transfer booked for a sailing in November, but our plans have just changed so I *may* be cancelling the transfer.  It's very convenient since they handle your luggage all the way to your cabin on the ship!  There are definitely cheaper ways but none as convenient.

Hello.

We have also booked the Princess shuttle from Victoria Coach Station to Southampton in November. We will be staying 2 nights in London and are looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to Victoria Coach Station. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello.

We have also booked the Princess shuttle from Victoria Coach Station to Southampton in November. We will be staying 2 nights in London and are looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to Victoria Coach Station. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance

Well, I will pass along the name of the place we have stayed at several times now...but with several caveats. 

Astors Belgravia is literally just around the corner from the station. About 2 minutes walk, even pulling luggage.  BUT, this is by no means a luxury hotel! It is a "typical" European style hotel meaning that the rooms are VERY small and small beds. It's rather quaint and the people who work there really fall all over themselves to make you feel welcome.  They all appear to be Romanian, Ukrainian... IDK.

No elevators, very narrow stairways. They have a nice little breakfast area serving a continental style breakfast in the mornings. They occupy 3 adjacent buildings on Ebury Street.

Don't book Astors thinking you're going to get a mainstream hotel. Pay close attention to the pics on their website and look at the rooms and descriptions.   You can book through Booking.com, I don't think they book directly any longer, they used to.

If your main objective is a place to sleep and crazy close to Victoria Coach Station...then *maybe* Astors is for you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, I will pass along the name of the place we have stayed at several times now...but with several caveats. 

Astors Belgravia is literally just around the corner from the station. About 2 minutes walk, even pulling luggage.  BUT, this is by no means a luxury hotel! It is a "typical" European style hotel meaning that the rooms are VERY small and small beds. It's rather quaint and the people who work there really fall all over themselves to make you feel welcome.  They all appear to be Romanian, Ukrainian... IDK.

No elevators, very narrow stairways. They have a nice little breakfast area serving a continental style breakfast in the mornings. They occupy 3 adjacent buildings on Ebury Street.

Don't book Astors thinking you're going to get a mainstream hotel. Pay close attention to the pics on their website and look at the rooms and descriptions.   You can book through Booking.com, I don't think they book directly any longer, they used to.

If your main objective is a place to sleep and crazy close to Victoria Coach Station...then *maybe* Astors is for you.

We'll definitely check it out. Clean and quiet is what we are looking for. This seems to fit the bill. Thank you so much for your reply. 

11 hours ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello.

We are staying at Topham's a few minutes walk away based on recommendations here on CC.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

We’ve visited London many times, but we’ve never used this transfer.  We’ve also taken tours out of Victoria Coach Station and have two booked pre cruise again this year.   So familiar with the station.  Hotel is not too far. 

I’ve read here it was a great experience, but I’ve also read reports of chaos. So.

I would love to hear any more reports?  Cruise departs on a Friday. 

Are you assigned a departure time or do you just show up? 

Ty 

If going to a London hotel after your cruise, check out International Friends.  They pick you up at your Southampton cruise line dock, stop at Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor then dropped off at the door of certain London hotel.

www.internationalfriends.co.uk