Millennium Sky Suite storage - dresser below the TV (vs Aqua Class)

zitsky

I've tried to google this and I've looked for videos.  Not successfully.  It looks like the Sky Suites have less storage than Aqua class.  Does the dresser below the TV have any drawers for storage?  It looks like the Aqua class storage extends farther and there are more drawers in Aqua class.

Do you find the storage in the Sky Suite on Millennium to be adequate?

52 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does the dresser below the TV have any drawers for storage?  It looks like the Aqua class storage extends farther and there are more drawers in Aqua class.

From memory, no, there is little more than a shelf on one side of the 'dresser', other side is the mini-bar if memory serves.

We managed but did feel like an extra drawer or two would have been useful.

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

From memory, no, there is little more than a shelf on one side of the 'dresser', other side is the mini-bar if memory serves.

We managed but did feel like an extra drawer or two would have been useful.

Thanks.  Seems like Aqua class has better storage.

That dresser under the tv has 4 doors, I would expect at least 2 of them to be shelves with storage.  The mini fridge should only take up 1 door.  It also looks like there are 2 drawers or doors next to the desk. Plus the Sky Suite closet is 3 doors with 1 section all shelves.  

image.png.aa177717f0fcecc557c30bda824dee9e.png

5 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

That dresser under the tv has 4 doors, I would expect at least 2 of them to be shelves with storage.  The mini fridge should only take up 1 door.  It also looks like there are 2 drawers or doors next to the desk. Plus the Sky Suite closet is 3 doors with 1 section all shelves.  

image.png.aa177717f0fcecc557c30bda824dee9e.png

Thanks.  I’m on YouTube trying to find someone who might have done a video of all the storage!

I wish I'd taken more pictures at the time, but my firm recollection is that we had to use whatever space there was in the dresser under the TV to store all the random stuff Kelly Hoppen added to the cabin so we had an open flat surface to put our own stiff down on.

Horizontal space and drawers were noticeably limited.

Nowhere practical to eat room service for two at the same time either...

Edited by Mark_T

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

I wish I'd taken more pictures at the time, but my firm recollection is that we had to use whatever space there was in the dresser under the TV to store all the random stuff Kelly Hoppen added to the cabin so we had an open flat surface to put our own stiff down on.

Horizontal space and drawers were noticeably limited.

Uh oh.  Kelly is in trouble.  What kind of stuff?  Were there drawers under the coffee area?

The only drawers I recall in the cabin were the two in the lower half of the right hand side of the second wardrobe.

I do not recall any other drawers in the cabin, none in the bathroom either just a low shelf under the sink and a little horizontal space to one side of the shower.

She managed to pretty much fill the available space with ceramics, dry flower arrangement, and all the other space was taken up with glasses, water bottles, and other bits and pieces.

Not trying to be over dramatic but the cabin looked 'full' before we had even unpacked, hence piling as much of that stuff as possible into the cupboard space.

Sadly not a fan of her work as it always feels like it is designed to be photographed, not lived in...

3 hours ago, Sigyn said:

cruisedeckplans has a lot of videos on various ships and the cabins. 

Thanks!  Looking at it.  Just surprised there are so few videos or info for Millennium Sky Suite.

I know under the bed is luggage storage.  Anyone want to comment if there is enough room for suitcases in the cabin?

I found a video of PRE revolution.  I think it was better before as there seemed to be more storage.

We sailed on the Summit after it was refurbished as the Millennium has been. I believe the TV dresser has shelves...not drawers.  We were very disappointed in the SS as the amount of storage was reduced when it was replaced with lower dressers reducing drawers/shelves.  The vanity chair is in your walking path since they ordered chairs with arms that are too high too slide under the table and night stand lamps are about 12" tall (shorter than in the lower price cabins) which don't provide good lighting.  All of the triple shelves on the side wall in the bathroom were removed so you have a single open shelf (thanks designer for reducing shelving...obviously you're not a cruiser). The drawers in the bathroom were removed and replaced with a single open shelf below the sink so I had to bring $1 store containers so my toiletries stayed organized and didn't roll around if there was rough waters.  We've only sailed in sky suites on S class ships until the Summit....We will only book a M class SS if there is no other sailing with a particular itinerary.   

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for that detailed review.  I’m still debating between Sky Suite and Aqua.  I’ll think about it over the weekend/. Funny that Aqua cabins seem to have more storage.

Dining in Luminae is great; however, I've heard that Blu is good too so you can't go wrong. You do have access to the Retreat and get a butler with the SS which we use some, but it's not a deal breaker.  From what I can remember, there were originally 2 double door closets and now there is 1 double and a single...again, thank you designer!

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Dining in Luminae is great; however, I've heard that Blu is good too so you can't go wrong. You do have access to the Retreat and get a butler with the SS which we use some, but it's not a deal breaker.  From what I can remember, there were originally 2 double door closets and now there is 1 double and a single...again, thank you designer!

I need the Retreat because I really want someone to call me Sir every day.  🥸

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Anyone want to comment if there is enough room for suitcases in the cabin?

We stored 3 suit cases under the bed on Mille in a Sky Suite in April. Also, bring magnetic wall hangers. We put them on the wall across from the couch. We had 6 of them (purchase the stronger ones on amazon).  I used the cabinet under the TV double door (bottom shelf and middle shelf) for my clothes. My husband used the 3 large drawers and the shelves in the closet. We used the cabinet next to the desk for our back packs etc. We placed the dirty clothes in the suitcase until we sent a bag off for laundry. Ask for extra hangers for the closest and your butler will bring them to you. We shared the hanging closet.  We brought a collapsable container to place on the back shelf in the bathroom. I do like the storage better in the bathroom in Aqua class. There are more drawers in Aqua but are much smaller than the Sky Suite drawers. The Sky Suite is larger than the Aqua class cabins. We were on a 15 night cruise on Mille and it was comfortable for us. We have also done 21 days in Aqua Class and made that work too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JLMcruise said:

We stored 3 suit cases under the bed on Mille in a Sky Suite in April. Also, bring magnetic wall hangers. We put them on the wall across from the couch. We had 6 of them (purchase the stronger ones on amazon).  I used the cabinet under the TV double door (bottom shelf and middle shelf) for my clothes. My husband used the 3 large drawers and the shelves in the closet. We used the cabinet next to the desk for our back packs etc. We placed the dirty clothes in the suitcase until we sent a bag off for laundry. Ask for extra hangers for the closest and your butler will bring them to you. We shared the hanging closet.  We brought a collapsable container to place on the back shelf in the bathroom. I do like the storage better in the bathroom in Aqua class. There are more drawers in Aqua but are much smaller than the Sky Suite drawers. The Sky Suite is larger than the Aqua class cabins. We were on a 15 night cruise on Mille and it was comfortable for us. We have also done 21 days in Aqua Class and made that work too.

Thanks.  There are drawers in the Sky Suite bathroom?

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for that detailed review.  I’m still debating between Sky Suite and Aqua.  I’ll think about it over the weekend/. Funny that Aqua cabins seem to have more storage.

I do not think the Standard aqua cabin has any more storage.  If you compare the aqua pictures the closet is only 2 doors because they have the shelves on the upper wall above drawers, SS has a third door with floor to ceiling shelves.  Aqua has the 3 drawers, SS has it looks like 2 drawers or shelves next to closet, then SS also has the dresser below the tv which I do not see anything similar in Aqua.

1 minute ago, micruiser2002 said:

I do not believe either has drawers in bathroom.  

I went back and re-read.  Now I understand what you meant.  Well the only real negative for the Sky Suite is it could have a shelf in the bathroom but there is that odd corner that seems useless but could be used for storage.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  There are drawers in the Sky Suite bathroom?

No - there is an "alcove" on the wall across from the sink that we used for storage. We brought a a "collapsable basket" to store our bathroom stuff in. You can store stuff there with or without a basket. A basket gives you more storage.

I didn't clarify accurately - on Aqua there are more "room" drawers but they are much smaller than the "room" drawers in the Sky Suite. I think they are 5 smaller drawers in Aqua and 3 large drawers in Sky Suite. 

No drawers in the bathroom in Sky Suite and only a shelf on the opposite wall. Aqua has a few small shelves with a glass cabinet door and one drawer if I remember correctly.

@zitsky Here is the storage for sky suites…

One side of the closet has for hanging clothes, that is double width. The other side, pictured below has three shelves and two drawers. 

IMG_0041.thumb.jpeg.716340ea50575df08501d4f425e84697.jpeg

IMG_0037.thumb.jpeg.724b8e3167711b5887e13482bab9bf6a.jpeg

adjacent to the desk is a low shelf with to cabinets underneath 

IMG_0040.jpeg.25b254906ab12ed4d7a34c1ae9cdc75e.jpeg

underneath the tv is a low shelf with three cabinets, one is where the mini-fridge is located, the other two have a single shelf each.

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.7f434cb9791a88611b81590c4bdbb408.jpeg

in the bathroom on the back wall there is an alcove as others have mentioned. 

IMG_0039.thumb.jpeg.f518f1f890ce79098d0972bef8379459.jpeg

As others have stated, there is room under the bed for suitcases. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

I need the Retreat because I really want someone to call me Sir every day.  🥸

On a 'Revolutionized' M class ship I wouldn't give up the Retreat easily, as there is of course no World Class bar, no Murano, and Tuscan is in a poor location compared to 'S' class, but the Retreat sun-deck, the Retreat itself and Luminae go a long way to make up for that.

The Sky Suite is poorly designed and furnished, but we managed to make it work for 12 nights, and our two large suitcases easily went under the bed.

• Like 1

The Sky Suites have been destroyed by Kelly and her Ikea designs.  

She eliminated the walk in closets.  Took out all of the shelves in the lavatory.   Very little storage left.  

Installed very shallow drawers in the desk and night stands.  Has a chair that doesn’t fit under it the desk. 

Furniture isn’t comfortable.  

The walls aren’t steel so magnets are useless.

Photo shows the depth of the drawers

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0326.jpeg

Edited by miched