Family Cabins

Hello!

We have a family of 5 and recently went to Alaska on Brilliance. We were able to get an obstructed balcony that fit all 5 of us. I'm just curious what other RC ships have cabins that fit 5? I know Enchantment has one spacious inside that fits 5 also. The main reason I'm asking is because when RC has the Kids Sail Free deal, I want to be able to  book a room we all fit in so I can get that deal. Any tips on what ships have these larger rooms is much appreciated!

17 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello!

We have a family of 5 and recently went to Alaska on Brilliance. We were able to get an obstructed balcony that fit all 5 of us. I'm just curious what other RC ships have cabins that fit 5? I know Enchantment has one spacious inside that fits 5 also. The main reason I'm asking is because when RC has the Kids Sail Free deal, I want to be able to  book a room we all fit in so I can get that deal. Any tips on what ships have these larger rooms is much appreciated!

If it's a baby there have been cases where you can call and add a 5th to a 4 pax cabin. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

The main reason I'm asking is because when RC has the Kids Sail Free deal, I want to be able to  book a room we all fit in so I can get that deal. 

Don't assume that one cabin for 5 w/ KSF will be cheaper than a cabin for 3 plus a cabin for 2.  Supply and demand.  Many 2 and 3 person cabins, very few 5 person cabins.

23 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello!

Oasis and Allure have regular balcony cabins that sleep 5.

There are also the ultraspacious categories on many ships that will hold 6 and have a lot more space but at a higher price. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Don't assume that one cabin for 5 w/ KSF will be cheaper than a cabin for 3 plus a cabin for 2.  Supply and demand.  Many 2 and 3 person cabins, very few 5 person cabins.

Yes, for us, two two-person interior cabins were cheaper than one four-person cabin.   I had been genuinely confused.   Although, KSF might have changed that.  

We booked an Ultra Spacious balcony on Harmony. For us and grandkids. Sleep 5. Has bunk beds. Google "cabin 7330 on Harmony" and you can see lots of videos. You have to book these well in advance because there's only a few. We booked 14 months in advance for our cruise this Dec. Back then paid about $3200 for 4 of us. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If it's a baby there have been cases where you can call and add a 5th to a 4 pax cabin. 

This is a policy when the baby is under 2 and will use a pack-n-play. Extended family had a 2 pax cabin and was able to add a baby under these circumstances. But in the end I was able to move them up to a family suite instead.

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

From what I have been told you can only do that in a double occupancy room.  In a quad room the sofabed has to be pulled out so there is not enough space for a pack n play. 

56 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I usually check out the price for connecting cabins and one room together. And your right the prices vary. I do find one room is usually cheaper though, depending on the cruise

51 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Yes, for us, two two-person interior cabins were cheaper than one four-person cabin.   I had been genuinely confused.   Although, KSF might have changed that.  

That's interesting!!