Newbie to HAL, What is this Club Orange you speak of?

wurm914

3 hours ago, robnu said:

On the NS in April there was a separate  line 1 floor up from the long , long regular line ... they didnt give us a ticket , just let us on the tender (in France)

On the Oosterdam in March they announced “Neptune, 4/5 star mariners and club orange proceed to gangway x” and everyone else had to get a tender ticket in a specified lounge.  The CO/mariners,neptunes just showed the corresponding keycard at the stairwell to gangway.  No ticket required. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 10:11 PM, oakridger said:

Everyone (almost) on the ship is on vacation!  I believe we all should get good service on the ship without paying extra and creating a separate "class" system like on Cunard.  That's my pet peeve about it.  I would rather see the fares go up a bit in order for all the ship to get a good standard of service.  Some other lines have a ship within a ship system, and I hope HAL isn't drifting in that direction.

Off my soap box now......................

~Nancy

I get it that CO can be a special thing on the new ships, with the special restaurant.  But it is kinda strange that on the other ships one has to join the club to get access to speedy customer service, quick seating in the MDR, spiffy disembarkation on port days.  All those things should just be status quo.  It's like they had to throw in the room upgrade just to make it beyond regular good customer service.

Whatever...can't always fight city hall.  We add CO to make our cruises nicer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

one has to join the club to get access to speedy customer service, quick seating in the MDR, spiffy disembarkation on port days.  All those things should just be status quo.

This^^^      That's my point in a nutshell!

~Nancy

10 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

I get it that CO can be a special thing on the new ships, with the special restaurant.  But it is kinda strange that on the other ships one has to join the club to get access to speedy customer service, quick seating in the MDR, spiffy disembarkation on port days.  All those things should just be status quo.  It's like they had to throw in the room upgrade just to make it beyond regular good customer service.

Whatever...can't always fight city hall.  We add CO to make our cruises nicer.

I can tell you without a doubt I never get quicker front desk service at the front desk with club orange. I’ve watched them take person after person at the front desk before I asked to please get some service.  It’s either that or people that share their whole life with the front desk and you stand there and wait forever.  I’m a five star so most of the other “benefits” aren’t extra.  I’m assuming that others that do club orange are not all newbies.  I find it interesting that the solution to this problem is just to add more on cruises prices to the few of us that pay rack rate.  Just pay club orange.  Same.

Club Orange is not a big deal - I have been in suites on Holland many times - but only been to Club Orange for dinner and breakfast once.  Menu just like the dining room with one extra item - and not very good.  I would rather go to the Lido for breakfast as I like having many choices.  For dinner - the speciality restaurants are much better than the dining room.  Please don't be jealous of CO passengers - not really a great perk

Club Orange is simply a bundling of amenities that HAL offers for purchase.  Operates similar to Have It All, which is simply a discounted bundle of amenities.  It isn't a class system, it's capitalism.  Much like hotels that offer bundled promos for upgraded rooms, spa treatments, breakfast or parking.  Exact same concept.

For some, the amenities have value - not so much for others.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope OP has gotten a sufficient answer about what Club Orange provides, as this thread has degenerated into a shouting match about the definition of class system – which regardless of who is correct is totally Off Topic to the original question.  So this thread is locked.