The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 22nd, 2023

richwmn

Good evening Dailyites.  I’ve been in Northern Neck Virginia for a few days visiting a friend who has a vacation home on the Potomac River.  We had big plans to kayak and fish.  Unfortunately,  the weather did not cooperate rainy with wind blowing more than 40mph.IMG_7570.thumb.jpeg.c1738b86d41e8de4b3067ed95bd191d3.jpeg

We ended up watching Netflix, playing cards and eating way too many snacks.  But it is always good to be able to spend time with a friend!

@ger_77I feel your pain with the bridge closures. There was an accident that closed the bridge that we usually use to cross the Potomac. The detour added 1.5 hours to our drive home.

I will be in Montevideo in February.  Thanks for the photos. Always my favorite part of the Daily.  Did anyone visit the Carnival Museum?

11 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We were in Montevideo in February and did a winery visit with a nice meal. 

Was the winery visit and meal part of the ships tour?  If not, would you share the tour company you used.

Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Good evening Dailyites.  I’ve been in Northern Neck Virginia for a few days visiting a friend who has a vacation home on the Potomac River.  We had big plans to kayak and fish.  Unfortunately,  the weather did not cooperate rainy with wind blowing more than 40mph.IMG_7570.thumb.jpeg.c1738b86d41e8de4b3067ed95bd191d3.jpeg

We ended up watching Netflix, playing cards and eating way too many snacks.  But it is always good to be able to spend time with a friend!

@ger_77I feel your pain with the bridge closures. There was an accident that closed the bridge that we usually use to cross the Potomac. The detour added 1.5 hours to our drive home.

I will be in Montevideo in February.  Thanks for the photos. Always my favorite part of the Daily.  Did anyone visit the Carnival Museum?

Was the winery visit and meal part of the ships tour?  If not, would you share the tour company you used.

Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

The tour was a Holland America tour. Really got to see a lot of Montevideo in about 5 hours including a wonderful lunch. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Good evening. The dinner was very nice and it was great to see so many folks I haven't seen for several years. As it turns out the "groom" wanted to mainly celebrate his "bride" of 69 years, for putting up with him. Their 4 kids were there, as well as grand- and great-grandkids, and a group of friends.

The bad part was that someone hit BFF's car in the parking lot of the country club. The guy waited in the parking lot until we came out to the car, and then said his daughter had backed into it. At least he didn't take off! It looks like the bumper will need to be replaced. BFF is already juggling so many things, now this. But at least no injuries to anyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I'm in favor of chocolate eclairs, onion rings, and rainforests, but I don't think that they should be combined.

The meal might be OK, depending on the heat of the jerk seasoning. Or does that mean that you have to be a jerk to eat it? Oh well. Not very interested in the drink, and for the wine I might substitute Glenora 2021 Chardonnay. I haven't been to Montevideo.

Today we finished my last issue of the monthly newsletter. It was a double issue and especially difficult to produce--double the articles that came in late, double the errors that had to be tracked down (factual errors, not typographical), and so forth.

Yesterday evening I was mowing the lawn and the batteries ran down before I finished. The first one would have been recharged while it was still light enough to resume, but I was also out of energy and don't recharge as quickly, so I did some more tonight. It's working up to raining for 10 straight days and was unpleasantly humid. After it I was more than ready for cardboardeaux.

raisedbypeople.thumb.jpg.f0950ac348683a1cf78e31c9b7517ed7.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  Yesterdays storm were quite interesting, no heavy winds, no tornadoes, but we lost power 3 times, and kept having to reconnect the computers.  When I took the trash out, I noticed our street light on our pole with a transformer was out.  We actually would have had a dark sky to see the stars....if it wasnt cloudy and rainy.  And it still is, the temp is 63 and it's misting, and very cloudy.

@aliaschief When you get to St Mont Michael, can you check to see if the Mer Poulard is still in business?  When we lived in France back in the 60's that was our go to for omelets and I have very fond memories of our adventures there.  My father loved going there, and Chartres and those were our weekend trips when he was not traveling on his own for business.  If I ever get back to France, St Mont Michael is the only place on my go back to place.  Enjoying your vacation through your pictures!  Thank you.

@rafinmdI know you explained to us last year about celebration day and actual age change, but I didn't understand it then, and still dont, so wishes will come tomorrow. 

Seems that the pain in the back is radiating from a disc in the back, I think I have been sitting too much, because it seems to lessen when i am up and moving (even bending down to pull pine trees)

my docs office wont see me if I'm coughing, but I will try to get an appointment .  I need to fix breakfast, or wake DH up to take me out.  Hmmmmm.

78ccef67dcb6c4e8324e5bece9f006f3.jpg

Awaiting our tender but per Google Search the Met Poulard is still in business.

• Like 5