Air Conditioning on Enchanted

jag82177

How good is the AC on Enchanted (and other Royal-class ships)? We like to sleep below 70 degrees, but know that the cabin’s AC will be working hard to combat the extremely high temperatures in the Mediterranean this summer. 

We recently sailed on VV and had to keep curtains closed to cool the cabin, and Celebrity Summit’s AC was also very slow to cool, so wondering what to expect this summer. 

We have sailed Carribean twice in balcony rooms on Enchanted. We always keep the temp as low as it will go and keep the curtains closed when we are not in the room.  Mostly it stayed comfortable. I always travel with a small packable fan, though, just in case. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jag82177 said:

How good is the AC on Enchanted (and other Royal-class ships)? We like to sleep below 70 degrees, but know that the cabin’s AC will be working hard to combat the extremely high temperatures in the Mediterranean this summer. 

We recently sailed on VV and had to keep curtains closed to cool the cabin, and Celebrity Summit’s AC was also very slow to cool, so wondering what to expect this summer. 

We were onboard recently and there were no problems with the AC in our cabin

We were on Enchanted in the Med this past April. No issues with the A/C, but I should add it wasn't scorching hot outside.  The cabin temp was comfortable and we didn't have the thermostat bottomed out.  

• Like 1

Many of the stories people read about AC that doesn't work properly are usually on the older class ships. Every since the introduction of the Royal class, the AC problems have been minimal, from the posts I've read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We prefer to sleep cool as well.

Some don't know this, But you can request a sheet and blanket instead of the duvet from your steward.

To us, that Princess foam mattress sleeps hot and the duvet makes it worse.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

We prefer to sleep cool as well.

Some don't know this, But you can request a sheet and blanket instead of the duvet from your steward.

To us, that Princess foam mattress sleeps hot and the duvet makes it worse.

I've never understood the reasoning on providing a heavy duvet in warm climates. Alaska maybe, but not in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I've never understood the reasoning on providing a heavy duvet in warm climates. Alaska maybe, but not in the Caribbean. 

The heavy duvet is needed because the A/C is cranked up!  😀

• Like 1

My experience is most ships usually only have issues in the hot and humid climates when opened up all day for port days or if too many passengers leave their balcony doors open.  When the ships are closed up and sailing the AC catches up pretty fast. The newer ships have less issues with temp control than the older ones.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mith said:

The newer ships have less issues with temp control than the older ones.

I can recall many cabins when we sailed on the older ships that AC problems. We NEVER had an incident on a Royal class ship yet and all our trips have been in the warm Caribbean. I attribute it to each cabin having it's own AC system in addition to the ships central AC.