Adding a small table to the cabin.

Tinknock50

• 11 months later...

This sounds like the situation with wanting some kind of extra chair, or table, on a standard balcony.   And, Princess seems to have a policy against this.  I don't know if their 'reason' is safety, or what?   There must be some reason that there is not any little side-table in these cabins?

Anyhow, Princess is not known for being consistent.  It might depend on how obliging your steward might be, and if there is some kind of small table handy/available to them.

I have brought something to make the legs longer on the table in a balcony cabin, and a piece of heavy cardboard, which is folded and taped in half, to then open up,  and cover with a small tablecloth.

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

Hope it's Ok to revive this thread, but still interested in the possibility of finding a small table in this cabin.

Try Kohls's.  Adam's MFG quick fold side table.  Tabletop is approximately 15 x 17.  We have travelled with one for years.  It fits in our suitcase.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

This sounds like the situation with wanting some kind of extra chair, or table, on a standard balcony.   And, Princess seems to have a policy against this.  I don't know if their 'reason' is safety, or what?   There must be some reason that there is not any little side-table in these cabins?

Anyhow, Princess is not known for being consistent.  It might depend on how obliging your steward might be, and if there is some kind of small table handy/available to them.

I have brought something to make the legs longer on the table in a balcony cabin, and a piece of heavy cardboard, which is folded and taped in half, to then open up,  and cover with a small tablecloth.

My room doesn’t have a balcony, just wall to wall and floor to ceiling windows.

Yes!   and those windows look amazing!!!!  I hope you are able to get some kind of table.  And enjoy your cruise in that cabin!

I was jus pointing out that this this seems like a similar situation.

Princess Policy...  and NO consistency.  

Which means, that unless somebody who has traveled in one of these recently, there really is no good answer.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:20 AM, walkingsoon said:

Tinknock--  " forward facing outside cabins"

Are you referring to the 'premium oceanview' cabins on Sun deck, S101-106?

I was in one earlier this year. The Princess website deck plan floor diagram implies that there is a small oval table and barrel chair. Neither was there, just a very large empty floor leading to the slanting windows. I asked my steward for a table and he kindly supplied a folding type metal chair and card table which worked for my desired computer workspace. I would expect that you could do the same. 

One other issue is the half sized closet, also not as implied on the website deck floor room diagram. As another poster has pointed out you might do well to look at photos and videos displayed on cruisedeckplans.com. This half sized closet didn't bother me because I was traveling solo, but if my wife was with me it would have been a deal killer.

The front facing slanted windows are pretty spectacular and the far remote cabin location way up top and forward of the retreat pool was kind of fun. At the time I booked I could've gotten a regular balcony or deluxe balcony-obstructed for the same price, which I probably would do next time around.

Enjoy your cruise,

Walkingsoon

After reading your post, I did a youtube to see what you were talking about in regards to the closet.   Kind of a shocker.....seems less than half a closet ! glad you mentioned that !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Try Kohls's.  Adam's MFG quick fold side table.  Tabletop is approximately 15 x 17.  We have travelled with one for years.  It fits in our suitcase.

I just ordered this one.  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Excellent!   Enjoy those windows and views!

We cut little sections of a styrofoam pool noodle and put the table legs into that to make the table from our cabin taller.  For white color, maybe packing material or something for crafts?

With your table being foldable, with the legs at an angle, cut at a similar angle.

===========

\         /

\ /

/   \

/         \

////        \\\\     < ------  bottom of legs pressed into the styrofoam.

(lightweight for packing, but be careful of tipping over)

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Follow up after cruise,,,,,

Loved my view out the front facing window !  Wasn't good for taking pictures because of the slope and reflection , but fantastic for the naked eye.

Portable table worked well. But I did ask for a table from my Steward James and he had to ask his supervisor first. The table did appear and was nice it was higher than what I had .  Actually used both to set out my breakfast.

The table had some chips so was probably just in storage and possibly scheduled for painting. Not an issue to me.🙂

Also there were two chairs in my "solarium".

James was an excellent steward.

Edited by Tinknock50

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 9:41 AM, Shippy said:

After reading your post, I did a youtube to see what you were talking about in regards to the closet.   Kind of a shocker.....seems less than half a closet ! glad you mentioned that !

The closet was more than enough for this single guym I didn't even use many of the drawers.

It would not work too well for the ladies and long gowns because you would have to take out the easily removable lower bar diminishing by half the hanging capacity.

Edited by Tinknock50

On 6/25/2023 at 11:30 PM, CaboWabo62 said:

We have a 24'x24' folding camp table that we bring as baggage instant balcony dining table.

I've done this, and it is not as crazy as it might sound to some. I only did it once, but it was a family cruise, we were in a mini-suite with a large balcony, and wanted to have a cocktail party. You can see our little table at the 30-second mark on this video: