Infinity June 2024

summercruising

Hi all, My friends and I have not sailed on Celebrity before.  We are looking into a cruise on the Infinity in June 2024 to the Greek Islands.  My questions are about the excursions available thru the ship.  We are ladies in our 60’s and 70’s.  We are interested in Biblical and historic sites.  Are good excursions available and how costly are they? I know I’m talking about going in a year but I thought I could get some interesting feedback on what excursions y’all have done.  Also, when is the ship scheduled for being refreshed?  This is far from out first cruise.  We have sailed on Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean.  Thank y’all for any information and suggestions you give.

Is it the 7-days cruises? Or 9-n greek isle cruises?

They offer a good mixture of tours. You can see what tours we did in this sailing. 

I have just spent 17-days onboard INF. You can see my review/live from the ship. 

Im booked on 3 more cruises on INF. May 2023 10-n greek isle and Turkey, June 2024 7-n Greek isle and 9-n September 2024 Greek isle. 

Just ask, I have visited more island by cruise and have tried some of the tours😅

21 hours ago, summercruising said:

Hi all, My friends and I have not sailed on Celebrity before.  We are looking into a cruise on the Infinity in June 2024 to the Greek Islands.  My questions are about the excursions available thru the ship.  We are ladies in our 60’s and 70’s.  We are interested in Biblical and historic sites.  Are good excursions available and how costly are they? I know I’m talking about going in a year but I thought I could get some interesting feedback on what excursions y’all have done.  Also, when is the ship scheduled for being refreshed?  This is far from out first cruise.  We have sailed on Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean.  Thank y’all for any information and suggestions you give.

If you click on this link, it will take you to a simple spreadsheet tool which will allow you to see shore excursions and pricing offered for your Celebrity sailing of interest:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit?usp=sharing

The tool is useful because there is no other way to see the current shorex offerings for a particular sailing unless you book the cruise first. Where's the fun in that?

On the off chance that you can't get it to work for you, just ask for help on this thread. We would need to know the specific cruises you are interested in. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, summercruising said:

If there are 4 or more of you could also look at booking private guides that way you can tailor tours to meet your exact requirements. Personally we use Toursbylocals as you deal direct with the guide but pay via the Head Office in Canada. Full refund if the ship doesn't dock. The best guides get booked very early. Other passengers may have experience of other companies.

Norwaylady it’s the Best of Greece 7 day.  I don’t do instagram.  The group who is going is late 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s.  Lol. It’s my friend, her cousin, her daughter and son-in-law and me!  (It was suppose to be a all girls trip but the man had to get in the mix.  Ugh!  (Oh well, we will make the best of it.)

Not sure which itinerary you are doing...Infinity does a couple of different variations.  There is plenty of "historical", not that much "biblical" (not much of the bible took place in Greece...though you likely get to go to Kusadasi--which is in Turkey--from which you can visit Ephesus..."Ephesians").

I'd highly recommend , when in Mykonos, you find an excursion to Delos--it's an incredible archaeological site.  In Santorini, you can visit the ruins of Akrotiri--supposedly the lost "Atlantis". On Ephesus, find something that tours you through the Terrace Houses.   Athens, of course, is loaded with history--especially the Acropolis...but try to book a few days pre-cruise...there is a wealth of archaeological sites outside of Athens--Delphi, for example...or many sites in the Pelopenesse (the peninsula south of Athens) where you'll find things like the incredible Mycenae, the amphitheater at Epidaurus, the Corinth Canal and more...You can find companies that will put together a private full day tour through this area for you.  IF you go to Rhodes, stick to Rhodes itself--an ancient walled city and skip the urge to go see Lindos--unless you want to hike up a steep cliff to the citadel.

Greece is an archaeologists and historian's dream cruise!

Have fun.

15 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Not sure which itinerary you are doing...Infinity does a couple of different variations.  There is plenty of "historical", not that much "biblical" (not much of the bible took place in Greece...though you likely get to go to Kusadasi--which is in Turkey--from which you can visit Ephesus..."Ephesians").

I'd highly recommend , when in Mykonos, you find an excursion to Delos--it's an incredible archaeological site.  In Santorini, you can visit the ruins of Akrotiri--supposedly the lost "Atlantis". On Ephesus, find something that tours you through the Terrace Houses.   Athens, of course, is loaded with history--especially the Acropolis...but try to book a few days pre-cruise...there is a wealth of archaeological sites outside of Athens--Delphi, for example...or many sites in the Pelopenesse (the peninsula south of Athens) where you'll find things like the incredible Mycenae, the amphitheater at Epidaurus, the Corinth Canal and more...You can find companies that will put together a private full day tour through this area for you.  IF you go to Rhodes, stick to Rhodes itself--an ancient walled city and skip the urge to go see Lindos--unless you want to hike up a steep cliff to the citadel.

Greece is an archaeologists and historian's dream cruise!

Have fun.

The Best of Greece 7-day also included Thessaloniki (Thessalonians).