children on board for april cruises

wineluver1

40 minutes ago, wineluver1 said:

getting ready to book ad med cruise on escape in april '24. We are a retired couple with 8 grand kids, but wonder how many families would be on an april cruise?

If you're taking the 8 grand kids, they'll be at least 8!! After checking the 6 NE states, they are split evenly between  two being on vacation each of the last three weeks of April. A quick check of a few other states- couldn't find any first week vacations, all I looked at are 2nd,3rd, and 4th weeks.(But didn't check them all). So as far as folks from the USA taking their kids on your cruise, looks like the first week would be your best bet.

It is tough to tell by your post if you are looking to sail with lots of kids and families, or trying to avoid that situation.

Anyway, to me your main concern should be when  European countries are on school vacation in April. I would presume the majority of cruisers will be from across the pond! Happy cruising!!

19 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

I would say it depends on when in April. Most school systems have spring break the week before or the week after Easter.  Easter is on March 31, 2024

And European schools (where you will presumably depart from) could have entirely different schedules.

1 hour ago, genealogyfan said:

I would say it depends on when in April. Most school systems have spring break the week before or the week after Easter.  Easter is on March 31, 2024

Orthodox Easter is 2 weeks later, which could be a factor for Greek Isles cruise.

Being that it's a Med cruise in April, the chances of there being tons of kids from the US at that time is smallish.  If it's a 7 nighter, it's possible.  Longer, not so much.  Children from other parts of the world?  Could be!

6 hours ago, carohs said:

I have no experience with Europe cruises, but on the Jewel this year I was told there were approx 600 kids 2nd week of Apr and the week prior had 800.

But that was around Easter wasn't it. Should make quite a difference! Easter 2024 is (I think) one week earlier.