Royal Caribbean Cocktail Recipes

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I love a good Saturn. I would imagine without the All Spice and Falernum it isn’t even a Saturn or even taste close to one. Why would they advertise those ingredients but not use them? I know Royal doesn’t want to stock those specialty liquors but hey make the cocktail right!

That's something you can ask them when you visit the Bamboo Room.  I'd like to know too.

• Like 1

ISLAND OLD FASHIONED
Specialty Cocktails
The Bamboo Room

07IslandOldFashioned.thumb.jpeg.9b627573073db8f22bf544db3794a95f.jpeg

NOTE:
I loved the hint of chocolate that the SelvaRey gave this drink. Looks like I'm not an Old Fashioned purist.

• Like 1

I am still amazed that the posted recipes have ingredients crossed out and substitutions added. Can I ask how you were able to confirm these substitutions? Why would Royal do that????

BANANA COLADA 
Specialty Cocktails
The Bamboo Room

08BananaColada.thumb.jpeg.a55a46738d7256835737708c995e9efb.jpeg

NOTE:
I checked the recipe so many times, no typos here. Those are really the ratios. They prepare batches of the mix for freezing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've never been fans of the Bamboo Room, mostly because of location of the ones that have a wall that limits one's ability to see the Promenade and to people watch. However, I do feel the need to re-visit the Bamboo Room to sample a few of those tasty cocktails! Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Anytime I ask for a banana-flavored drink, all they offer is a BBC, which I'm not a fan. Can they make this on ships without a Bamboo Room bar?

They can make it at any bar on any ship if they have the ingredients.  They may not have the Smith & Cross Rum (funky rum), coconut milk, and cinnamon syrup at most bars.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 7:50 AM, PG_Cruiser said:

KEOKE COFFEE
Caffe Speciale con Liquore
Giovanni's Table

03KeokeCoffee.thumb.jpeg.cdd1b83526b6c3aaec8f8b01f008b01d.jpeg

Really love this thread and appreciate all the hard work of the poster.  I look forward to each thread update.

Just a note though...just got back from Liberty of the Seas and the drinks may not be ship-wide.  I tried to order/ask about the specialty coffees at Giovanni's Table and they had no idea to what I was referring.  They accommodated and brought me a menu from Chops across the hall (which had two coffees on it), but not the great selection shown about the Giovanni's Table section.

Edited by LuCruise

21 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Really love this thread and appreciate all the hard work of the poster.  I look forward to each thread update.

Just a note though...just got back from Liberty of the Seas and the drinks may not be ship-wide.  I tried to order/ask about the specialty coffees at Giovanni's Table and they had no idea to what I was referring.  They accommodated and brought me a menu from Chops across the hall (which had two coffees on it), but not the great selection shown about the Giovanni's Table section.

This happened to me too on Grandeur.  I was asking about the specialty cocktails and the waiter didn’t know about them.  It seems like they’re phasing out these cocktails from Giovanni’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 8:41 AM, Sea Dog said:

I am still amazed that the posted recipes have ingredients crossed out and substitutions added. Can I ask how you were able to confirm these substitutions? Why would Royal do that????

You can get quite a lot just standing at the bar watching the bartender do the thing. Almost nobody considers this top secret, and actual inter4st maybe combined with a nice tip after the first round will go far.

As for "why to ingredients change?", it usually comes down to availability. They ran out of some stuff, usually because it didn't show up when it was supposed to, And maybe a gally-mate made a replacement. The substituting "cinnamon syrup" for "spiced brown sugar syrup" above seems like a case where a batch pf replacement just got brewed up, and it's close enough. We don't have to take a drink off the menu just because three gallons of syrup (wholesale price US$35) wasn't available. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hellsop said:

As for "why to ingredients change?", it usually comes down to availability. They ran out of some stuff, usually because it didn't show up when it was supposed to, And maybe a gally-mate made a replacement. The substituting "cinnamon syrup" for "spiced brown sugar syrup" above seems like a case where a batch pf replacement just got brewed up, and it's close enough. We don't have to take a drink off the menu just because three gallons of syrup (wholesale price US$35) wasn't available. 

The substitutions @Sea Dog and I were talking about were not the ones made on the fly due to ingredients missing. The ones I've noted on my photo recipes are from the differences in the ingredients listed on the menu and on the recipes on the bartender guides.

• Like 1

PENICILLIN
Classic Cocktails
The Bamboo Room

14Penicillin.thumb.jpeg.59f1410410e5183fabd22448c622227b.jpeg

NOTE:
I did not want to get a $70 bottle of Laphroaig because I only needed a quarter of an ounce of it for this entire Bamboo Room series. So I ordered a shot of it at a local bar and took it home in a to-go portion cup. It cost me $13 for the shot, not including the tip. When I did the math in my head on the drive home, I realized it wasn't the best idea.

I loved the Penicillin when I made it and got hooked on the smoky flavor of Laphroaig. So I think I'm getting a $70 bottle of it after all. Any discount coupons out there?

• Like 3

NAVY GROG
Classic Cocktails
The Bamboo Room

15NavyGrog.thumb.jpeg.229d875d12a51790e25ca3f04947271a.jpeg

NOTE:
This cocktail was born out of a desire of British sailors to make their ration of bad rum taste better. Royal's mixologists have combined some variations of this classic cocktail by adding grapefruit juice and allspice dram to the original recipe.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

NAVY GROG
Classic Cocktails
The Bamboo Room

15NavyGrog.thumb.jpeg.229d875d12a51790e25ca3f04947271a.jpeg

NOTE:
This cocktail was born out of a desire of British sailors to make their ration of bad rum taste better. Royal's mixologists have combined some variations of this classic cocktail by adding grapefruit juice and allspice dram to the original recipe.

I just found out that the word "groggy" comes from "grog." 

• Like 1