staying onboard instead of AmAzing evening

suec12

We aren’t big evening folks either and we have gone to about half a dozen of these events some with low expectations. All have been truly impressive. You can stay home but IMHO it really would be a mistake. You paid for the event in the price of your ticket I really suggest you try it. Have a great trip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I found our azamazing evening long ( a 45 minute drive) and the program long and mostly boring. Uncomfortable seats.  Spectacular site but that was all. I would skip in the future. Too “ classical “ for my taste. 

Perfectly fine to stay onboard. We have chosen carefully those evenings that we attend and to date we’ve done only 7 out of 16.  2 of these were actually the evenings onboard last year,  The Duo Violinists in Greece , who in our view were superb.

We’ve enjoyed our meal venues on the quieter ship and we’ve met some great people with a chance to  chat a little more and also with the excellent staff. 

Edited by combine
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We did once and booked Prime C (speciality restaurant) instead. We would never do it again as there was no ‘buzz’, no atmosphere whatever. It was just pretty miserable sitting on our own in a virtually empty restaurant!

When we dined in Prime C the night after the Azamazing Evening, our server said the venue was a ghost town during the event - like 1 table occupied.

We have done it both ways…first few cruises we stayed on board and really enjoyed the atmosphere on the ship. Our last cruise it was River Dance in Dublin and that was awesome and we were so glad we went. Just depends on whatever you think you will enjoy the most!

• Like 4

In Jordan, we went to a Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum for the sunset and a show; In Columbia, it was a Carnival performance at a concert hall; In Kusadasi, it was a Turkish concert at the small ancient Greek theater in Ephesus.  You can eat on the ship anytime.  

• Like 8