Changes to Royal over the years

Good Morning-

Its been a long time since I cruise Royal (2008 I think). Looking at Symphony of the seas in January. Can you tell me about changes made since then....Drink packages, I think I read that you now have to reserve shows in advance....dining packages...etc.....Help a cruise dummy out please...haha

37 minutes ago, richbum said:

Good Morning-

Its been a long time since I cruise Royal (2008 I think). Looking at Symphony of the seas in January. Can you tell me about changes made since then....Drink packages, I think I read that you now have to reserve shows in advance....dining packages...etc.....Help a cruise dummy out please...haha

There are a few options for drink packages from water to soda only to all non-alocholic beverages to Deluxe Beverage that includes all the above plus alcohol.  Prices have gone up significantly on these packages in 2023 due to inflation and a post-covid world.  As far as show reservations, I believe that may depend on more what ship you are on and whats being offered.

• Like 1

Thank you. Do you have to reserve shows ahead of time? Is there a package deal for the "extra" restaurants? Is Muster like Carnival where you do it when you get onboard...or is everyone crammed on deck like the old days?

Just now, richbum said:

Thank you. Do you have to reserve shows ahead of time? Is there a package deal for the "extra" restaurants? Is Muster like Carnival where you do it when you get onboard...or is everyone crammed on deck like the old days?

I believe there are dining packages you can purchase beforehand through your Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner.  I think you can reserve shows once onboard.  Perhaps only by the day.

43 minutes ago, richbum said:

Normally the shows that can be reserved, will show up on planner around the first of month, previous to your cruise. So yours would be Dec 1. Now that has been closest to normal time frame, but my show up a bit sooner or later. I would start looking at website for reservations maybe mid November.

Muster is easy. Sometimes if you hop on ship Wi-Fi in terminal, you can watch it on the app, and then just go check in at muster station when you board.

Also, you may get offered 3 day, 5 day package dinner deals, or unlimited, which also includes lunches at specialty restaurants. It’s all about keeping an eye on your planner, either website or app.

8 hours ago, richbum said:

Good Morning-

Reserving shows is a way of spreading passengers between the days.

but never fear standby lines will get you in.

Sometimes it can be enjoyable to be in the back for aqua show as well as ice show.

This way you won’t get wet and you won’t be chilly.

For main theatre always check the balcony especially after lights dimmed and they remove the ropes for star class and pinnacle seats.