Current OS/DOS liquor bottle options

meglet

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The OP was not asking for a bar  menu. They were asking for the bottles of liquor, mixers, sodas, and waters you get for free in an owners suite. 

Which come from the Haven bar, which is on that page. Are you feeling especially confrontational today?

15 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Which come from the Haven bar, which is on that page. Are you feeling especially confrontational today?

The Bird was not being confrontational, simply pointing out that you are linking a site that does not answer the question. 

The OS/DOS allows guests to pre-select bottles of their choosing to be stocked in the room prior to embarkation as one of the perks. 

• Like 2

Which I'm told come from that menu. We all go by what we're told, and obviously we don’t get told the same things, especially when NCL is involved . And I was curious. There seems to be a lot of confrontational attitudes and whining around here lately, so sometimes you can't tell.

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

Which I'm told come from that menu. We all go by what we're told, and obviously we don’t get told the same things, especially when NCL is involved . And I was curious. There seems to be a lot of confrontational attitudes and whining around here lately, so sometimes you can't tell.

Bob, not all the liquors on the Haven Bar List are available as complimentary bottles for OS/DOS guests.  I was in a DOS last year and I believe the only complimentary vodka available was Tito's.  IIRC, there were only two bourbons, Bulleit was one.  I can assure that Johnny Walker Blue, while it is on the Haven Bar listing, it isn't one of the complimentary scotchs available.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Thanks for the info. Do they publish that anywhere, or is it something flexible?

I've seen a published list but I wouldn't rely upon it considering all the 'supply chain issues'.  

The pre-boarding concierge reviewed the listing for me when I called.  I asked for bulleit, titos, and hendrix, IIRC.  All were waiting for me when I boarded.  If you don't preorder from the concierge, the butler will arrange for the liquor.  The selections are close to best available on the standard drink package.  You can also get wine if that's your preference.  Don't expect Camus but the selections aren't that bad.

I wound up taking my three bottles home with me.  We drove to the port so that was easy.  We're flying next time so I've got to figure out how to do that. There's no way I can drink three liters of booze in one week.  I may skip the premium plus package and go for some wines depending upon the choices.

My next cruise is Prima (Feb) and that's in a OS.  When we get a bit closer, I'll email the concierge about availability especially the wines.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, omahabob said:

It does not come from the Haven Bar. There is a very limited number of free bottles of spirits that are provided for free to Owners Suites. Whole bottles of booze. House vodka, rum, etc. Owners suites regardless if there is a Haven on the ship or not.

I was pointing out that you are quick to google and come up with the wrong answer. As an experienced owners suite occupant, I can tell you that your answer is incorrect and misleading to the poor OP. But I do not have a post-pandemic menu to offer. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, meglet said:

Anyone know for 2023? Thank you!

43 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Thanks for the info. Do they publish that anywhere, or is it something flexible?

Once again Gary comes through.  This is a listing from one of his posts.  Not exactly current but from august 2022.

Welcome Aboard Haven+.jpg

35 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It does not come from the Haven Bar. There is a very limited number of free bottles of spirits that are provided for free to Owners Suites. Whole bottles of booze. House vodka, rum, etc. Owners suites regardless if there is a Haven on the ship or not.

I was pointing out that you are quick to google and come up with the wrong answer. As an experienced owners suite occupant, I can tell you that your answer is incorrect and misleading to the poor OP. But I do not have a post-pandemic menu to offer. 

Actually, I got that info here. I also know from being here that one customer's experience does not in any way mean other customers will have that same experience. So relating your experience could well be misleading too. The only consistent thing about dealing with NCL is their inconsistency and poor communications. No matter what experience or knowledge you, I, or anyone else has, it's quite possible it will turn out wrong the next time someone boards a ship. In fact, the chances are quite good. It does no good to chastise anyone for providing information, as they know it, in good faith. We could all end up being wrong. We don't need to criticize people for it.

The list just above looks like what we had in September.  Coke though now including Coke Zero!

Where it comes from, no idea.  We've been told more than once 'from stores' whatever that means.  We've been very lucky last few that the pre concierge has gotten message to ship and bottles were in room upon arrival.

BTW, if you are in OS or higher I'd think that should allow you to go anywhere on the ship since you are an owner. 

• Haha 3

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, rockfsh said:

If you in the DOS, when are you contacted to make your choices?

I got an email at about the 130 day mark. You can also just call the concierge.