Formal nights.

8 hours ago, fishtaco said:

Does P&O still haveΒ  Formal nights?

They still have a variant. I think it is now called cocktail night or elegant night, which is more akin to a day at the races. Quite a few people still dress-up formal, most make some sort of effort, but the ship doesn't enforce any sort of dress code.

Β 

They also have a white night, a "Gatsby" night and a back to school night.

Β P&O Parties | P&O Cruises Australia (pocruises.com.au)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I felt Gatsby night was the only night close to formal.Β  Β The youngies really got dressed up compared to other evenings.Β  Β Otherwise, it was just neat casual every night.

Β 

I was pleasantly surprised on our recent Pacific Adventure cruise.Β  Β The entertaining areas have been beautifully refurnished.Β  Β The difference has made Coral Princess and The Grand look really tired and I am still OK with going on those ships.Β  Cabins are the same and tired looking as when she was Golden Princess.Β  Β If the Grand is sold off, I hope it comes to Melbourne.Β  Β The food in all restaurants was fine as was The Pantry.Β  We had a nice winter getaway.

• Like 1

On our recent cruise on Encounter, aside from the 'theme nights', there was one evening when the dress code stated 'formal'. I pulled out the little red number and hubby donned a tie and jacket. Some people dressed up others not so much. BTW, it isn't just the 'youngies' who go all out for Gatsby. Lots of middle aged and beyond were done up to the nines including yours truly and entourage. Just love it!

• Like 1

We don't participate in formal nights, this is the night we definitely head for the buffet.Β  I don't mind so much getting my glad rags and kitten heels on but Mr Bubbeh would rather rub liniment in his eyeballs than suit up.Β Β 

• Haha 1

Formal night on Pacific Encounter last month. Β Some dressed formally, others nicely dressed, but at dragon Lady a couple was dressed in sloppy singlets and baggy shorts and thongs, while one girl had short, short ragged shorts with a bikini top. Β Staff not interested.

10 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Formal night on Pacific Encounter last month. Β Some dressed formally, others nicely dressed, but at dragon Lady a couple was dressed in sloppy singlets and baggy shorts and thongs, while one girl had short, short ragged shorts with a bikini top. Β Staff not interested.

This guy is all dressed up for formal night at Dragon Lady, lol.

244281103_932672673951982_5615881651271509826_n.thumb.jpg.9a72b4ab6d90f67446f4c48817da808b.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2