Symphony of the Seas: Will be the only ship docked at Labadee but will that still make the island crowded?

I see many people talking about the problems with the RCL Islands when they are crowded but what does 'CROWDED' actually mean.

Symphony is a really big ship but if they are the only ones in Labadee... is that crowded?

Symphony and Enchantment of the Sea are at Cococay at the same time...is that crowded?

Symphony of the Sea:       9,000 passengers, Decks: 18, Tonnage: 230,000

Enchantment of the Sea:  2,730 passengers, Decks:  11, Tonnage: 82,910

30 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Symphony is a really big ship but if they are the only ones in Labadee... is that crowded?

Symphony and Enchantment of the Sea are at Cococay at the same time...is that crowded?

That's about as subjective and variable as the food in the MDR. BTW, your passenger numbers are a bit higher than actual capacity.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's about as subjective and variable as the food in the MDR. BTW, your passenger numbers are a bit higher than actual capacity.

Biker19 You are one of the veterans on this site so let me explain what I meant....

The info I listed about the ships was from RCL and listed all on the ship (cruiser and workers).  I probably should have listed ONLY passengers as most of the workers might not get off.

What I was trying to figure out is... based on other's experience on those islands, would those going ashore be considered at normal capacity for the islands or overcrowded... ???

If normal, I have no problem with sticking with the 'free' beaches.  If overcrowded, maybe I should look at the Beach Clubs to ensure I am not feeling like I am on a NJ Beach during Memorial Day?

1 minute ago, PIR8LUVR said:

I was on Wonder in March. We at capacity and the only ship at Labadee. It did not feel overcrowded to me and we were only on the free beaches.

Thanks... I was hoping that for Labadee.... now the question is capacity at Cocokay

We were also the only ship at Coco Cay and it was fine, too. It actually felt less crowded than when we were there the previous year when two ships were in port and they were at half capacity (March 2021).

5 minutes ago, PIR8LUVR said:

We were also the only ship at Coco Cay and it was fine, too. It actually felt less crowded than when we were there the previous year when two ships were in port and they were at half capacity (March 2021).

Unfortunately, we are one of two at Coco Cay (thanks for the spelling as I keep getting it wrong) and the Symphony will probably be at capacity but don't know how the Enchantment of the Sea will impact...

Symphony of the Sea:       6680 paying passengers

Enchantment of the Sea:   2,284 to 2,741 paying passengers

So we are talking about 8800 to 9400 people possibly hitting Coco Cay.  

Don't know how that hits the island... busy, normal,...?

22 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

What I was trying to figure out is... based on other's experience on those islands, would those going ashore be considered at normal capacity for the islands or overcrowded... ?

That's the thing - "overcrowded" is very subjective. For many, as long as they find a lounger in a decent spot they likely don't care how "crowded" things may seem. It also likely varies between sailings, by weather, time of day, etc. If you leave the ship fairly early, even with Symphony, you'll likely to find a decent spot.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's the thing - "overcrowded" is very subjective. For many, as long as they find a lounger in a decent spot they likely don't care how "crowded" things may seem. It also likely varies between sailings, by weather, time of day, etc. If you leave the ship fairly early, even with Symphony, you'll likely to find a decent spot.

Good points... leave early and I have been assuming every stop is sunny... which might not be the case.  Sounds like I should not simply use the fact that 2 ships are there to push me toward a 'pay-for' beach, like Beach Club.

Thks

PS:  With two kids in College (One Grad the other undergrad then grad) I may be the guy on the pool deck holding a hat.  This cruise was for both graduating (until I just found out that one is continuing onto a 2 yr grad program)

Main thing I've found is get off early as soon as you can. Enjoy the morning and early afternoon and watch it get steady more busy then when you have had enough leave and again avoid the masses back to the ship.

The people who moan it's over crowded are the ones looking for a place to sit at 11.30am. 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Everything you say is correct. 

Just like on the pool deck on a Sea day if you come out at 11am or 1pm it sure appears like its crowded.   -   Come out at 9:30 and there are still good spots to be found.

10 hours ago, PIR8LUVR said:

I was on Wonder in March. We at capacity and the only ship at Labadee. It did not feel overcrowded to me and we were only on the free beaches.

All the beaches on Labadee are free. 
m

For me crowded is over 50 people. 

The best private island I have visited was an excursion where they took 50 people out on a boat to a private island.  Not hundreds and not thousands.  Crowds are not my type of vacation.

I was on Freedom and Oasis years back and to me it was crowded...

Edited by NMTraveller

17 hours ago, gavvy said:

Main thing I've found is get off early as soon as you can. Enjoy the morning and early afternoon and watch it get steady more busy then when you have had enough leave and again avoid the masses back to the ship.

The people who moan it's over crowded are the ones looking for a place to sit at 11.30am. 

I’m sorry, but if you can’t find a seat, no matter what time it is, it’s very crowded. Last November we got to the island at 10:30. It took us 30 minutes to find a spot. 

• Like 1