December 2024 Cruise - Specialty Dining Booking Window

bnurick

Good afternoon, we booked a December 2024 cruise and wanted to know when (how far out) to expect specialty dining to open up on the website.  I usually have always seen our cruises available, but not this one or later.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, bnurick said:

Good afternoon, we booked a December 2024 cruise and wanted to know when (how far out) to expect specialty dining to open up on the website.  I usually have always seen our cruises available, but not this one or later.  Thank you!

Yes, as chezmarylou explained, it is likely a holiday sailing problem.  We are booked on a holiday sailing for this year (Dec 22nd, Solstice) and specialty dining reservations still cannot be made as of today.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, as chezmarylou explained, it is likely a holiday sailing problem.  We are booked on a holiday sailing for this year (Dec 22nd, Solstice) and specialty dining reservations still cannot be made as of today.

That must be it.  Thank you!

On 7/2/2023 at 4:13 AM, bnurick said:

This is the answer that I received from Celebrity regarding this.

"With a normal sailing, dining is typically loaded about 10 – 15 months in advance. However, with Holiday Sailings like your upcoming Celebrity Edge cruise on Dec. 21, 2023 – sailings that encompass Christmas and/or New Years -  the dining is generally loaded much closer to the sailing date.  Historically speaking, for the past 2 years our Holiday Sailings are loaded around September/October, so about 3 months before sailing."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Wookie01 said:

This is the answer that I received from Celebrity regarding this.

"With a normal sailing, dining is typically loaded about 10 – 15 months in advance. However, with Holiday Sailings like your upcoming Celebrity Edge cruise on Dec. 21, 2023 – sailings that encompass Christmas and/or New Years -  the dining is generally loaded much closer to the sailing date.  Historically speaking, for the past 2 years our Holiday Sailings are loaded around September/October, so about 3 months before sailing."

We took several holiday sailings between 2013-2019 and you could purchase specialty dining way in advance like a normal cruise. So the "past 2 years" comment sounds about right. 

Also expect the specialty dining pricing to be more expensive for each night of your holiday cruise with Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve being especially expensive. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 1:13 PM, bnurick said:

I just noticed today that specialty dining became available for booking on our upcoming Christmas/NYE 2024 sailing.  Christmas Eve and NYE are not available yet but should be released later. No multi-dinner packages offered yet either.  @dave.s

Edited by mahdnc

49 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I just noticed today that specialty dining became available for booking on our upcoming Christmas/NYE 2024 sailing.  Christmas Eve and NYE are not available yet but should be released later. No multi-dinner packages offered yet either.  @dave.s

Just checked our December 23, 2024 cruise and it is not available at all...  😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 12:29 PM, bnurick said:

Just checked our December 23, 2024 cruise and it is not available at all...  😞

For our upcoming Solstice holiday sailing, Murano can now be booked for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve for the special undiscounted price of $150 pp.

image.png.d1c84349ecb73408850f46b82b5d57c1.png

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

For our upcoming Solstice holiday sailing, Murano can now be booked for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve for the special undiscounted price of $150 pp.

image.png.d1c84349ecb73408850f46b82b5d57c1.png

Same thing happens at the nice restaurants in our area.