Any update on the requirement to Covid test before boarding in Sydney?

Shaver John

27 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

Just wondering if any update has been seen on removing the Covid testing before boarding the ship in Sydney Australia?

Here’s the last update on the website, June 22, 2023.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/au-cruises/

I would use the health tool on the website and put in your voyage number to double check before your sailing.

If there is a change, PCL usually notifies you by email also.  

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s the last update on the website, June 22, 2023.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/au-cruises/

I would use the health tool on the website and put in your voyage number to double check before your sailing.

If there is a change, PCL usually notifies you by email also.  

I can't seem to find the health tool on the Princess site where you put in your voyage number any more.  I find the list of enhanced voyages, but not the tool where you put in your voyage number.  Do you have a link?  Thanks

23 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I can't seem to find the health tool on the Princess site where you put in your voyage number any more.  I find the list of enhanced voyages, but not the tool where you put in your voyage number.  Do you have a link?  Thanks

I went through all the health protocols on the website and looks like they removed it.  It was there last month.  

Now, I only see the FAQ section exists for AU/NZ cruises.  I would just keep an eye on the updates to see if any changes. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Found the list but cant find it now or the link to putting in your voyage number to see the requirements for going to Australia. We go from San Francisco to Sydney in September and then 4 more B2Bs before flying back home.  The cruise in last March or April from Sydney to San Francisco was considered enhanced. Hoping this September our cruises will just be considered regular cruises 

12 hours ago, valantine80 said:

No need to find a rapid result testing site in Australia. Self administered test are accepted with photo of result so just bring kit with you.

You can also set your phone to Australia time for the picture to verify the time/date

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 7:22 AM, coo359a2 said:

Found the list but cant find it now or the link to putting in your voyage number to see the requirements for going to Australia. We go from San Francisco to Sydney in September and then 4 more B2Bs before flying back home.  The cruise in last March or April from Sydney to San Francisco was considered enhanced. Hoping this September our cruises will just be considered regular cruises 

I found the link, @pompeii was asking for it also.  But, I’m not even sure tjey are updating this any more.  The only reason I have it, was because I was doing a lot of enhanced cruises, so I saved it.

I would just go by the website instructions.  I don’t see this when I search health protocols for Aust/NZ.

https://www.princess.com/protocol/?fbclid=IwAR15FapmH1Hl74xuV39doqpqNUqsloaI7MtgyycJLQ2HddCercgIV2cuT_M

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:22 AM, coo359a2 said:

We're doing a similar thing, going in September from Seattle to Sydney, then 2 more to Queensland and NZ.  I was wondering how the testing would work on the b2bs.  

21 minutes ago, pompeii said:

We're doing a similar thing, going in September from Seattle to Sydney, then 2 more to Queensland and NZ.  I was wondering how the testing would work on the b2bs.  

Received the standard email for upcoming cruises -this will be for our 2 day cruise that starts on our arrival date in Sydney.  It says we need a positive covid test. Refers you to the FAQs for Australia cruises. I vaguely remember receiving an  email for our cruise from San Francisco to Sydney or maybe someone posted saying we will be given a covid test (self taken) before arriving in Sydney. Will have to go through trash folder when we get home to see if it was an email . So far haven’t received any emails for our 4 follow on B2Bs that go out of Melbourne   Since we leave in about 2 1/2 months, would hope we hear soon on what to expect 

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Received the standard email for upcoming cruises -this will be for our 2 day cruise that starts on our arrival date in Sydney.  It says we need a positive covid test. Refers you to the FAQs for Australia cruises. I vaguely remember receiving an  email for our cruise from San Francisco to Sydney or maybe someone posted saying we will be given a covid test (self taken) before arriving in Sydney. Will have to go through trash folder when we get home to see if it was an email . So far haven’t received any emails for our 4 follow on B2Bs that go out of Melbourne   Since we leave in about 2 1/2 months, would hope we hear soon on what to expect 

AFAIK, neither Australia or NZ requires a covid test to enter...I wonder why Princess still has this stipulation.   I'm okay with it, I don't mind testing, but since they want to make cruising easier I would think they'd do away with it if weren't a necessity.  I'm basically wondering if the ship will want to test us themselves or if we'll be able to use our own tests on the b2bs.  

• Like 1

For upcoming cruisers to Australia and New Zealand I suggest posting questions on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board.  I found the locals on that board exceedingly helpful and knowledgeable when planning our 28 dayApril 2023 Round Australia cruise and extra week in New Zealand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

We seriously considered the cruise from SF to Sydney and then the same 2 day cruise to Melbourne but we already have the 3 cruises after those booked for 32 days and I wasn't really sure I wanted to spend 63 days total on Grand Princess. Like you, we are wondering about the testing requirement. If necessary, we will set the date and time on our phones and take the test pics before we fly out. It's crazy with the time difference. We fly at 4:29 PM on October 25th and land at 9:13 AM on October 27th and that includes a couple of layovers - one is very short but the other is 3.75 hours. Not only is there time zones involved but also the International Date Line. (When we fly home we leave Melbourne at 1:00 PM on November 29th and land in San Francisco on that same date at 8:25 AM - 4.5 hours before we left.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

We seriously considered the cruise from SF to Sydney and then the same 2 day cruise to Melbourne but we already have the 3 cruises after those booked for 32 days and I wasn't really sure I wanted to spend 63 days total on Grand Princess. Like you, we are wondering about the testing requirement. If necessary, we will set the date and time on our phones and take the test pics before we fly out. It's crazy with the time difference. We fly at 4:29 PM on October 25th and land at 9:13 AM on October 27th and that includes a couple of layovers - one is very short but the other is 3.75 hours. Not only is there time zones involved but also the International Date Line. (When we fly home we leave Melbourne at 1:00 PM on November 29th and land in San Francisco on that same date at 8:25 AM - 4.5 hours before we left.

Swings and roundabouts, what you lose on the way over you get back on the way home.  
As Australians we have travelled a lot so are used to the dreaded international date line.  It just means it is an awful long flight/s to get anywhere.

Next month 15 hour flight to Doha, long layover, then 15 hour flight to New York.

38 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Swings and roundabouts, what you lose on the way over you get back on the way home.  
As Australians we have travelled a lot so are used to the dreaded international date line.  It just means it is an awful long flight/s to get anywhere.

Next month 15 hour flight to Doha, long layover, then 15 hour flight to New York.

Looking forward to the cruises. We've had this trip cancelled two years in a row due to C19. Glad it's finally looking like it will happen. I certainly hope so. I've paid all 3 segments and the two flights in full.I used discounted Princess gift cards from AARP which saved me $2,200. It's like getting free money!

13 hours ago, pompeii said:

AFAIK, neither Australia or NZ requires a covid test to enter...I wonder why Princess still has this stipulation.   I'm okay with it, I don't mind testing, but since they want to make cruising easier I would think they'd do away with it if weren't a necessity.  I'm basically wondering if the ship will want to test us themselves or if we'll be able to use our own tests on the b2bs.  

The testing requirement is not just for Princess, it is for all cruising in Australia as detailed in this link NSW Government-approved Eastern Seaboard and Western Australian Cruise Protocols. I don't know when this Government policy is next reviewed.

• Thanks 1

Further to the above, I came across this just now.

"Ms Summerhayes says the industry hasn’t been briefed at all on when rules might change and remain as in the dark as the public. 

The federal government currently has no legal mandates over cruise vaccination, meaning it is up to the state governments to change the rule. 

Recently, leading health experts have expressed concern over potential outbreaks if cruise lines were to ditch their health and safety procedures too quickly, but did feel that there is a definite move towards simply living with the disease, even on a cruise ship. However, with no word from the government, there continues to be no timeline for when this may occur." Source

Posted on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board 8 hours ago in regards to a cruise departing December 26, 2023.  He is on a Carnival cruise but the regulations quoted are “in line with Eastern Seaboard and Western Australian Protocols”.

image.jpeg.4317a17c24f519b26c77df56edb353b1.jpeg

• Thanks 1