Did anyone book the "Free Land Programs" offer

happy cruzer

Unfortunately,  I just now found the offer which expired June 30.   I was interested in a cruise in April 2024 that had the offer for the land program for Bangkok.  I have a question in to see if the offer might be extended.

Anyone know for sure that the offer expired?  Anyone care to guess if it will come back at some point?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Unfortunately,  I just now found the offer which expired June 30.   I was interested in a cruise in April 2024 that had the offer for the land program for Bangkok.  I have a question in to see if the offer might be extended.

Anyone know for sure that the offer expired?  Anyone care to guess if it will come back at some point?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it has expired and is no longer offered...it is impossible to know what promotions will be offered in the future...I think O will have their hands full with implementing SM for now.

I tried to add the free land package to Rio prior to my Amazon cruise. The price of the cruise was raised by the price of the land package, so technically, the land part was free. However, the land package was sold out,  so O was selling the cruise for the original price. 
   I assume, had you called in time, your deal would have been similar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks in advance.

Received new SM brochure yesterday, has free Angkor Wat land tours for 28 JAN, and 12 FEB 2024.  Suggest asking if your date is also included.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Received new SM brochure yesterday, has free Angkor Wat land tours for 28 JAN, and 12 FEB 2024.  Suggest asking if your date is also included.

We are on the Feb 12 cruise, booked under O Life.  At the time the free land tour was a tour of Bangkok.  IIRC, the tour to Angkor Wat was $1999 pp.  I have booked a private tour (driving in a/c vehicle so we can nap on the way w/o the schlepping through airports) for much, much less.  And we will be taken to the port instead of returning to our Bangkok hotel.  So there are other options.

3 hours ago, the mice said:

We are on the Feb 12 cruise, booked under O Life.  At the time the free land tour was a tour of Bangkok.  IIRC, the tour to Angkor Wat was $1999 pp.  I have booked a private tour (driving in a/c vehicle so we can nap on the way w/o the schlepping through airports) for much, much less.  And we will be taken to the port instead of returning to our Bangkok hotel.  So there are other options.

Are u staying a few days on Seim Reip 

We are flying into Bangkok about a week before our cruise.   We will be picked up on Sun morning and taken to Siam Reap by afternoon, do brief touring, stay overnight Sun, Monday tour Angkor Wat starting with sunrise, late afternoon taken from Siam Reap to the port where ship is overnighting.

IIRC (a bit fuzzy so might not be exact) the difference from O tour is O picks up passengers from the airport on Friday and brings them to Bangkok hotel (no transfer if you arrive earlier), leave on Saturday early to fly to Siam Reap, arrive in afternoon, do brief touring, stay overnight Sat, tour Angkor Wat Sunday (also with sunrise?), folklore show on Sunday, stay overnight, fly back Monday and get taken to the port.  Meal exclusions are about the same as for the private tour.

I am sure the private tour could be customized for added days.  Highly rated on TripAdvisor, very responsive in all correspondence.  

We did Angkor Way before the turn of the century.  Only hotel was the Hotel Dnakor  fantastic. Did it off a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. Shor ex was the company  think they are the tour company most cruise lines still use

We did the Oceania Angkor Wat post cruise as a freebie extension in 2017. I will say that most everything was very well done on O’s part. The flights, hotel, tours, and the included folk show/dinner at the hotel. We immensely enjoyed taking the tuk tuks through the evening streets in Siem Reap to eat at a couple fabulous Cambodian restaurants. Those only wanting Merican food were happy with the hotel food.

The major negative was fellow guests. Quite a number was far past any ability of reading comprehension. We were there in February, thankfully pre Monsoon. It’s a jungle, it’s hot, it’s not smooth paved paths. It was exactly as clearly spelled out in the tour description. We had far too many companions that couldn’t walk 100 meters without a long stop to rest in Equatorial weather. We spent more time standing around than actually seeing the sights. Very glad we went and enjoyed it immensely. Wishing we had more time to explore versus standing around doing nothing.

We further extended about 3 days and had a great time in Bangkok.