Recommended transport from Miami Airport to Hampton Inn Brickell

Spartn1

Our family of four is excited to be going on our first cruise later this month.  We fly into Miami on 7/29 and our cruise is on 7/30.  What are your suggestions on the best way to go from airport to Hampton Inn Brickell.  We will likely each have a carryon bag and personal item and will also have 2-3 checked bags.  Thank you!

Thanks, yes I figured regular Uber or Lyft might not be able to fit us with bags.  Is it crazy to consider train with our luggage? 

Edited by Spartn1

1 hour ago, Spartn1 said:

Thanks, yes I figured regular Uber or Lyft might not be able to fit us with bags.  Is it crazy to consider train with our luggage? 

Absolutely not.

You can do Uber XL, or van or SUV taxi. Or possibly two Ubers or taxis.

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

With 4 plus bags you will need UberXL or a taxi van.

Remember if you use a van or suv taxi the will charge you 30% more over a sedan.

30 percent surcharge above the taxicab meter rate is established for larger vehicles (sport utility vehicles and vans). This surcharge does not apply to wheelchair accessible vehicles providing taxicab services to wheelchair users. Vehicles authorized to charge the 30 percent surcharge shall display a 30 percent surcharge decal inside the vehicle.

3 hours ago, kenb said:

Remember if you use a van or suv taxi the will charge you 30% more over a sedan.

30 percent surcharge above the taxicab meter rate is established for larger vehicles (sport utility vehicles and vans). This surcharge does not apply to wheelchair accessible vehicles providing taxicab services to wheelchair users. Vehicles authorized to charge the 30 percent surcharge shall display a 30 percent surcharge decal inside the vehicle.

Hmmm. We've never been charged extra if a taxi van is the next one up in line.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm. We've never been charged extra if a taxi van is the next one up in line.

We were on our cruise last March. I thought the charge was higher than normal but did not check the charge until I got home.

If you have 3 or 4 large suitcases and 3 or 4 adults (or older kids), I would take Metrorail from the airport station (in the Rental Car Center) to Metrorail's Brickell Station. The hotel is a short walk from that station. It will take longer than a taxi/rideshare but it's easy and much cheaper.

Thanks KINGBOBOFTHENORTH.  Thought the train might be an okay adventure but I have never been in Miami before and didn't know if thru would have am issue with us bringing on luggage. 

15 hours ago, Spartn1 said:

Thanks KINGBOBOFTHENORTH.  Thought the train might be an okay adventure but I have never been in Miami before and didn't know if thru would have am issue with us bringing on luggage. 

Not worth it. Train will take longer, and a taxi or Uber should be no more than $40 or so. Given the amount of bags taxi may more more sense as it could be cheaper than an UberXL. Either will be so much easy than the train. 

• Like 1

I'm not staying at that hotel but I fly in on 7/29 for a 7/30 cruise and I called my hotel and they offer a complimentary shuttle so we are going to take that for 4 of us plus all our luggage. When we arrive we have to go to ground transportation and call the shuttle to come over and get us. Sounds easy but I hope I don't have to wait to long!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, krisbecker22 said:

I'm not staying at that hotel but I fly in on 7/29 for a 7/30 cruise and I called my hotel and they offer a complimentary shuttle so we are going to take that for 4 of us plus all our luggage. When we arrive we have to go to ground transportation and call the shuttle to come over and get us. Sounds easy but I hope I don't have to wait to long!

Curious  what hotel  offers a shuttle  from MIA ?

On 7/5/2023 at 7:02 PM, Spartn1 said:

There is no issue bringing luggage onto Metrorail. You won't be the only one. Yes, it will take longer than a taxi except during morning/evening rush hour when it might actually be faster.

Should you be interested in doing so, from Baggage Claim locate one of the elevator banks and follow the signs to the level listed for Miami Mover. Get off at that level and follow the moving sidewalks in the direction of Miami Mover/Rental Car Center. Take the free Miami Mover train from the airport station to the Rental Car Center station. When you get there you'll see ticket machines for Metrorail and Tri-Rail. There are employees there to assist. Once you're ticketed, take an elevator or escalator down from the ticketing hall to the platform level. Take the next train to Brickell station. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

There is no issue bringing luggage onto Metrorail. You won't be the only one. Yes, it will take longer than a taxi except during morning/evening rush hour when it might actually be faster.

I am not sure why this is a mystery to some folks. The Metrorail is serving the airport. Of course some people will be bringing luggage on the light rail, and it is designed for that. The Metrorail is not just bring workers to the airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Nearly every hotel in the vicinity of the airport offers a free airport shuttle.

I'm not aware of any downtown Miami or Brickell area hotel that offers a free shuttle.

Exactly