Princess replacing port stop in Marseille?

DeniseAtBeach

14 minutes ago, DeniseAtBeach said:

Have seen on FB Enchanted Group Marseille might get replaced with Corsica. Anyone have any insight into this yet? TIA

I wouldn’t be surprised.  We’ve had problems with that port the last 3 attempts.

Protests in March at the gate to the port, no buses came in for a few hours to pickup passengers or tours, etc.

You could walk about 40-45 mins to get out.  Protests about changing their retirement age.  We missed our excursion and didn’t bother to try to get off in the afternoon after all that.

Before that, protests about cruise ships coming into Marseille.  And also weather has been a factor in May and September.

We aren’t even interested anymore.  However, we did like Corsica, very quaint.

• Like 3

We visited Marseille on a land vacation and found it the dirtiest place we have ever been.  We're supposed to stop there on our September cruise and aren't planning on getting off the ship.

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

We’ve been wondering about this as we board Saturday. As long as they find us a replacement port, we’ll be happy. We’d love it if they switched to Monaco. 

YES   I HOPE that comes True!

Monaco is SOOOOOOO Much Better!

One of my Top 3 ports.

Good Luck, fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Senga said:

We visited Marseille on a land vacation and found it the dirtiest place we have ever been.  We're supposed to stop there on our September cruise and aren't planning on getting off the ship.

Think again.  You might enjoy a small group private road trip and tour of Provence and Luberon countryside and small towns.  Very nice.  You don't even bother with Marseilles and guide just drives you right out of town.

• Like 2

We are doing that section in September and even though the itinerary says Marseille, the map shows Corsica. We visited Corsica last year and I would happily return again. To be honest I would rather go anywhere than Marseille and that's not even because of the protests etc.

• Like 2