Vista Replacing Insignia on 2026 ATW Cruise

bob brown

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I always chuckle when anyone says an R ship bathroom is too small. 
On behalf of all yachties who tread these boards, those R ship marine bath/head facilities are significantly more than adequate.

Being a sailor myself, I’ve never confused my sailboat, or the facilities therein, with an advertised Premium Cruise Line ship. 

Army C-Rations may be adequate while not being the “ finest cuisine at sea”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Being a sailor myself, I’ve never confused my sailboat, or the facilities therein, with an advertised Premium Cruise Line ship. 

Army C-Rations may be adequate while not being the “ finest cuisine at sea”. 

Oceania has long defined what is a “Premium” cruise line and they started doing it with those R ships (and their bathrooms). With R ships regularly embarking with full passenger loads (many of whom are R ship repeaters/devotees), at least on popular itineraries and its ATWs, it’s reasonable to assume that bathroom size (or even cabin size) is a minor consideration for the majority of O passengers. 

Despite the head-scratching reality that more empty space (in the cabin or its bathroom) somehow warrants higher prices, that unnecessary space hardly defines the premium cruise experience.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oceania has long defined what is a “Premium” cruise line and they started doing it with those R ships (and their bathrooms). 

Their own website, when “ Introducing simply MORE”, now proudly announces “The Best Value in Luxury Cruising “.

13 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Despite the head-scratching reality that more empty space (in the cabin or its bathroom) somehow warrants higher prices, that unnecessary space hardly defines the premium cruise experience.

I wonder why those big empty space cabins they charge so much for get booked so fast.

It's a mystery.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I wonder why those big empty space cabins they charge so much for get booked so fast.

It's a mystery.

Because there are more people who can afford more space for themselves than such cabins.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Because there are more people who can afford more space for themselves than such cabins.

If O had suites between PH and the 3 very large ones (like Regent), those might be even more appealing as well as more affordable than the 3 very large ones.

7 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Found this in a Seatrade article with the Execs 

“Turning to the 2026 world cruise, it's likely world-cruise stalwart Insignia will be replaced with 'at least an O-class ship, a Marina or Riviera.' Maybe even Vista.”

Got Link? 

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Would we expect 2026 ATW to be released this year or next ?
Personally, hoping it’s time for a westabout.

I believe the Oceania ATW 2026 cruise is currently scheduled for release in August.

All the speculation will end next month and then we’ll know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Very interesting article in many ways. Thank you for the link.

Agreed…I noticed the reference to maybe expanding future new builds by a modest “5,6, or 7%”.  
And keeping the present space and staff to passenger ratio…🙂

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Despite my protestations, Vista will be replacing Insignia as the ATW ship.

Which gives me hope for a doable South Pacific segment for myself and Marital Unit in 2026. A or O class regular cabins are fine for us, whereas regular cabins on R class are not. Exciting times!

• Like 2

Anyways, if O follows the script from last year, we should get an announcement on Aug 31.  Really excited to hear (rumours) that it is going to be on Vista. I was on ATW 2015, 2019, 2020 and got tired of Insignia even after the refurbishments.  I am willing to pay up to be on the new ship.

• Like 1

Is it me or am I noticing ATW 2025 is not selling as well as expected?  There is still availability across most categories.  For me, the intinerary is not as good as ATW 2023 or ATW 2024.  I wonder if Oceania will discount these ATW cruises or will they start discountng the segments? Not sure how that works as I haven't paid attention to the flow of prices.  Wonder if that is one of the reasons why Oceania decided to move to Vista for ATW 2026 (rumour) to get people excited (I am) and maximize profit (they got me).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ATWCruiser said:

Is it me or am I noticing ATW 2025 is not selling as well as expected?  There is still availability across most categories.  For me, the intinerary is not as good as ATW 2023 or ATW 2024.  I wonder if Oceania will discount these ATW cruises or will they start discountng the segments? Not sure how that works as I haven't paid attention to the flow of prices.  Wonder if that is one of the reasons why Oceania decided to move to Vista for ATW 2026 (rumour) to get people excited (I am) and maximize profit (they got me).

I remember on release saying it was an unusual itinerary for someone’s first world cruise but would be good for repeat ATW cruises with not visiting Europe.   I guess more people want Europe which I would expect to be back on the 2026.  

5 hours ago, ATWCruiser said:

Yes, you may well be right re the itinerary.

Eastbound would deter some…..people waiting for the new ship would certainly attract some.

The “ selling out “ hype doesn’t seem to be such a factor as it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1

I just contacted my TA and she confirmed to me from her sources at Oceania that the ATW 2026 cruise will on Vista.  I asked her when they will release the itinerary and she mentioned Q1 2024 but subject to change.  Before ATW 2025 which was announced Aug 31, 2022, they use to release ATW itineraries around the Feb time frame.  Maybe they are going back to that schedule.  The next deadline to watch out for is Sept 6 as some on CC mentioned Allura itineraries will be announced which may coincide with ATW 2026 being announced?  Who knows.  Still waiting to see when Oceania will fill out the rest of the 2025 schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our "insider"  has hinted that they will be moving Regatta to ATW and moving Riviera to Alaska in season then Asia in the winter - they sellout Regatta every Alaska cruise with big waiting list.  Who knows....  The new Itineraries are supposed to be out early to mid-october.