Embarkman day wedding

Strange Question... 

I know things have changed several times over the years... back when I got married on the ship, they allowed two or three embarkment day weddings. Is that still the case or is it only one embarkment day wedding?

I searched the website but that really didn't have any information.

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Email Royal for the best answer. 

planning to get married twice on the same embarkation day? 

Asking for a friend... 

Royal Weddings is as wonderful as Royal Caribbean customer service representatives. Ask the same question 3 times to different reps and get 12 different answers. 

Was hoping someone who has one booked might have the contract to confirm one way or another 

Hi! I had my embarkation wedding in January (thanks @RobInMN for sharing my post!)

According to their wedding department (a company called The Wedding Experience) there is only one embarkation wedding slot available from what they told me! We had ours in Dazzles on the Harmony of the Seas.

Communication with the wedding department is horrendous so you will definitely have a hard time getting a hold of them. My suggestion is to get a Travel Agent that is well versed in cruise weddings - especially Royal Caribbean. This will save you a LOT of headache. I can recommend mine to you if you're interested, she was an absolute rockstar!

Happy to answer any other wedding questions you may have! 

We were already legally married on paper in Florida so we didn't have to pay the fee ($500) for them to process the wedding documentation.

However, from the information they provided me, the documentation will come from the Bahamas. 

1 hour ago, helloxxannie said:

she was an absolute rockstar!

Is her name Joan Jett?  🤣 Sorry, just saw a commercial....

1 hour ago, helloxxannie said:

Hi! I had my embarkation wedding in January (thanks @RobInMN for sharing my post!)

According to their wedding department (a company called The Wedding Experience) there is only one embarkation wedding slot available from what they told me! We had ours in Dazzles on the Harmony of the Seas.

Communication with the wedding department is horrendous so you will definitely have a hard time getting a hold of them. My suggestion is to get a Travel Agent that is well versed in cruise weddings - especially Royal Caribbean. This will save you a LOT of headache. I can recommend mine to you if you're interested, she was an absolute rockstar!

Happy to answer any other wedding questions you may have! 

We got married on Indy in 2009. It was a nightmare back then too!! Royal Caribbean was doing it in-house, from what I heard, for about 5 years and then went back to TWE 😞

I have told my friend about the endless nightmares I went through with them.
They canceled my flowers and cake 2 days before the wedding. The reason was they were no longer able to use those vendors. They said they could provide me with one of the "Happy Birthday" cakes and write Happy wedding day.
At the reception, they "gave" us and our guests champagne because they couldn't get ahold of anyone to confirm I paid for the open bar for 2 or 3 hours(whatever it was). 
That was just the tip of the iceberg! I could go on for days!!! We finally got a partial refund approximately 8 months later, along with an option for them to do a private vow renewal at a discounted rate LOL ummm HARD PASS

I just read part of your Wedding Thread... and I had given you the advice to print everything out  LOL 

I am really trying to talk my friend into a destination wedding or local and then go on a cruise with or without their guests! 
I am also questioning if they really did drop TWE for any length of time. I am beginning to think it is just a standard line they tell people 

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Mronly said:

We are lookin at this, who was your travel agent who helped you out with this?

Be careful...travel agents are not to be discussed on Cruise Critic.

Posted (edited)

We used to see embarkation day weddings on every trip, but I haven't seen one since a year or two before Covid. We would always see closed off venues and wedding photos being taken.   What we have seen more often now is weddings ashore like on a beach. 

Edited by BND