Emerald embarcation

Pilot53

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Oh no!  It was really fast about noon. Maybe the computers will come up soon.

Paper copies won’t help to expedite?

I couldn't buy a gallon of milk at a 7-11 with cash when the computers went down

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I couldn't buy a gallon of milk at a 7-11 with cash when the computers went down

😂.  True, but they should have a backup system for the checkin/security system.

One poster checked in and was on the ship in 5 mins at noon.  Must have just gone down.  

• Like 1

Much easier to board the Emerald today than trying to board the Ruby in San Francisco. Good luck with embarkment day for those on the Emerald. We are only one month away from our sailing. Tim 

• Like 1

Glad you were able to get on so early. To the early bird does go the spoils. We did not receive information about check in times. We got stuck in traffic. Then, we got lost. By the time we got there, the gates were closed and were not allowed to board. We got there before 4:00 but not enough before 4:00 to be allowed on board. They marked us a “no-show”. My daughter fell on her knees crying. Even with insurance, they refuse to give your money back. So have fun for us too and post lots of pictures, please.

3 hours ago, lvwb01 said:

Glad you were able to get on so early. To the early bird does go the spoils. We did not receive information about check in times. We got stuck in traffic. Then, we got lost. By the time we got there, the gates were closed and were not allowed to board. We got there before 4:00 but not enough before 4:00 to be allowed on board. They marked us a “no-show”. My daughter fell on her knees crying. Even with insurance, they refuse to give your money back. So have fun for us too and post lots of pictures, please.

Did you try calling Princess when you were running late?  Like the enroute number?  I just wondered if you did, would they wait a little while for embarkation guests.  IDK

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lvwb01 said:

Oh no!  That sounds so awful!  So sorry to hear of your experience 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lvwb01 said:

I'm not sure I understand what happened?

You did not receive information about check in times?  Did you use the Medallion App to get an arrival time?  Did you look at your booking invoice?  It gives departure time.

Where were you coming from?  It looks like you were driving to the port.  

Did you have a travel agent?

Did you call the ship/port/enroute number to let them know you were on your way?

Usually the cut off time is around 2-3 PM on embarkation day.

I'm not faulting you.  I'm sorry you missed your ship, especially if this was your first cruise.  

• Like 1