Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

@graphicguy  Very nice pictures ... La Sagrada Familia - insider tour booked via NCL (nice if they managed to get tickets for the group, as they are usually sold out ahead of time) or on your own - probably going to book ours ahead as we didn't asked our private tour to get inside tickets for us to skip the line.  

As for the iPhone pictures taken being posted with the heic file format, if I'm not mistaken, there's a setting on the iPhone to disable or turn it off, then it's CC friendly & minimize the odds of upside down or sideway images being posted ... I'm the Android geek but occasionally pull out the iPhone SE mini to grab some extra pictures, just in case & had run into issues posing, should look into that myself too. 

Ah, yes the Grandi Navi Veloci---Italian shipping company - going to see a lot of similar combo cruise/transport/merchant ships sailing in the Med sea, lots of them transporting people, vehicles & cargo, inter-islands & just as efficient (maybe not as fast) as flying for vacations among EU residents with a carry-on, backpack and/or rollerboard - buy tickets, wait & have an expresso & board the ship.  We saw quite a few of them during our TA once within the Spain & North Africa coastlines ,,, and, also smaller high speed ferries - especially near/around Palma (tomorrow ...) at the downtown, city centre ferry terminals (ship will be docked further away - requiring a shuttle ride, wasn't free from NCL then) 

As for Cagney's - was fine with our filet mignon but we're pleasatly surprised with La Cucina's filet, done right at medium as ordered.  Jumbo black tiger prawn replaced with jumbo shrimp is just not the same & lately, it just lost that visual appeal ... I know, food opinion are just that, personal & subjective and biased.  

And, you should have a good cellular signal for several hours (overnight) sailing close toward/around Palma before docking pre-dawn, as we did leaving there for BCN.   Showing almost 20:00 all should be onboard & ship ready to set sail, the other ship docked in front of the Epic has left already - 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

NCL ON BOARD PLANNING APP

IMG_1586.png

So what are 'virtual queues'?  A line that I'm a part of but 'over there' drinking a glass of champagne instead?  Sounds good to me, I'm getting the willies about 4K pax on Epic!

6 hours ago, jsn55 said:

So what are 'virtual queues'?  A line that I'm a part of but 'over there' drinking a glass of champagne instead?  Sounds good to me, I'm getting the willies about 4K pax on Epic!

Haven’t done the ques, but I think that’s what it is.

I know I’m in the Haven, but probably spend 75%  of my time throughout the ship. 

It doesn’t feel crowded, at all!

• Like 2

On 10/1/2023 at 6:39 PM, graphicguy said:

Hope you snag whatever you bid on.👍

How does one go about "bidding" for an upgrade with NCL?  We booked our May 2024 cruise through Costco travel.  Would like to get a Haven suite, but not sure we want to add another $5k.   What is the secret process for upgrading directly through NCL and "bidding"??

21 minutes ago, benel204 said:

How does one go about "bidding" for an upgrade with NCL?  We booked our May 2024 cruise through Costco travel.  Would like to get a Haven suite, but not sure we want to add another $5k.   What is the secret process for upgrading directly through NCL and "bidding"??

You’ll get a notice to bid for an upgrade via email.  Keep an eye on the Haven prices.  Sometimes you can pay to upgrade your cabin without bidding at a decent rate!

• Like 1