Does Carnival offer room upgrade bidding?

kelbell

For example, RCC has Royal up program.(I think thats what it's called).

Curious if Carnival has something like that, would love to surprise daughters

with a balcony. And can you do it after final payment. Cruise is in Sept. (If they have it)

I have not seen an upgrade bid process on Carnival, but you can get an upgrade if available. 

Check your Cruise Planner each Wed (I think it's Wed, but definitely same day every week) - if they've sent you an upgrade offer, it will be right there. All you do is click on it to accept it then pay.

Another way to get one is to call and ask what's available. They'll tell you what upgrades are available and what they cost, so have a deckplan when you call.

We're B2B on Venezia in Sept. We paid $60 pp to upgrade to a larger balcony for the 2nd week. At the time, there wasn't availability for the 1st week, then randomly a couple months later I was adding specialty dining and noticed our cabin # had changed. I called to confirm it was correct - yep, something opened up and they upgraded us for free!!

Yes, you can upgrade before or after final payment.

Good luck. Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I have not seen an upgrade bid process on Carnival, but you can get an upgrade if available. 

Check your Cruise Planner each Wed (I think it's Wed, but definitely same day every week) - if they've sent you an upgrade offer, it will be right there. All you do is click on it to accept it then pay.

Another way to get one is to call and ask what's available. They'll tell you what upgrades are available and what they cost, so have a deckplan when you call.

We're B2B on Venezia in Sept. We paid $60 pp to upgrade to a larger balcony for the 2nd week. At the time, there wasn't availability for the 1st week, then randomly a couple months later I was adding specialty dining and noticed our cabin # had changed. I called to confirm it was correct - yep, something opened up and they upgraded us for free!!

Yes, you can upgrade before or after final payment.

Good luck. Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

You can pay for an upsell.  If you call to ask for one, you can lose any original booking perks.  If Carnival sends you an upsell offer, you will not lose any booking perks.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

You can pay for an upsell.  If you call to ask for one, you can lose any original booking perks.  If Carnival sends you an upsell offer, you will not lose any booking perks.  

Correct - you "can" lose original booking perks, but we didn't when we paid the $60.

Good callout - always be sure to adk before committing to the new cabin cuz you won't get them back if you notice later.

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

this upsell in the cruise planner is one time thing only. once you decline, you will no longer get any offers

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

this upsell in the cruise planner is one time thing only. once you decline, you will no longer get any offers

Not for that sailing but it doesn't exempt you from future sailings since the offers are dependent on booked cabin location and category.  

7 hours ago, shof515 said:

I thought it's for that cruise, so turn it down and you will not get any more offers for that cruise. You don't mean ever, at all do you?

33 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I thought it's for that cruise, so turn it down and you will not get any more offers for that cruise. You don't mean ever, at all do you?

for that cruise only. once you decline it, you will no longer get any more upgrade requests for that booking

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

for that cruise only. once you decline it, you will no longer get any more upgrade requests for that booking

that was not true for me, i turned down offers twice for my cruise at the end of this month, I actually received 2 more offers, one I ignored and then finally they made me one I decided to take, it was a least the 4th different offer for the same cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shof515 said:

This has been my experience on my current booking. They kept sending me different cove balcony cabin numbers for the same price, once I clicked the keep my current room, they stopped sending me offers.

On 7/11/2023 at 8:48 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Where in the Planner is an offer shown?  Will there be a notification on the 'alert' button at the top of the page, a pop-up somewhere, or any special place that I should look?  I signed up for email notifications about my cruise.  Could the offer come in an email?  When do offers typically show up...  anytime, or loser to the cruise date?  Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Where in the Planner is an offer shown?  Will there be a notification on the 'alert' button at the top of the page, a pop-up somewhere, or any special place that I should look?  I signed up for email notifications about my cruise.  Could the offer come in an email?  When do offers typically show up...  anytime, or loser to the cruise date?  Thank you.

I'm unable to show you as I don't have a current, but others have posted screenshots. Maybe someone with an offer today or who saved a screenshot can share. 

When I got mine, I did not receive an email, but not saying they don't send them, just that I didn't get email. If you're not seeing anything, you may simply not get an offer.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

They can come at anytime but it really is dependent on your cabin type and location.  They should show up front page of your Cruise Manager.  The upsell offers are fairly rare.  Those who get them regularly are likely booking the same style stateroom like a cove balcony.   

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Here's a screenshot of one I found.

upgradeoffer.png.bc8181fe62f214242c32a36f91e1e731.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks!  It's interesting that one would have to look at their Cruise Manager often to even catch these offers.  I probably would not have looked at mine until I got closer to the final payment date.  Maybe I will start getting emails.

Just now, Iamthesea said:

Thanks!  It's interesting that one would have to look at their Cruise Manager often to even catch these offers.  I probably would not have looked at mine until I got closer to the final payment date.  Maybe I will start getting emails.

I never looked at mine unless I was booking something like excursions or dining or was making a payment.  So, no telling how many I've missed.

I read that they post on Wed so that's the one day I do check.

• Like 1

I did look at the planner page, and got a 10% internet. I'm thinking, if

they send an offer for different room type would be same place. Top

right comer of page.  Thank you Haljo1935 for pointing that out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I opened the Hub app, clicked on Manage Booking, and it’s right up top

I’ve viewed it a few times but never accepted or declined. The room number has changed but the cost and category have remained interior. I booked a TBA interior rate just to get on the boat. I don’t really care where my cabin is. 

6634DACA-E6AF-4D9A-908F-567848FD2E86.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sorry to change the subject, but everyone sounds like they

have sailed Carnival sense opening.  Can you tell me what they do

about the muster stations?  We were on RC and had to go to a station

very fast and much better than before Covid.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I've got an accompanying email every time I had an offer in the cruise planner.  I get the email, then look at my cruise planner.

I've also received phone calls, but those are different from the ones in the cruise planner.  Those are pretty much - accept on the phone call or lose it.

• Like 1